News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Sep 27 16:48:40 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

//

*_*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*_*

*_*_
_*_*Join NMSEA! New Online Option Available for Membership
**

*_*_
_*EVENTS_
*

*/
/*

*Oct 1: Solarize Monte Vista Farms Fundraiser - /Santa Fe//, NM
/***Oct 5: Fall Festival Sustainability Day**/-/*/*/Albuquerque//, NM/*//
/**Oct 8: "Commerce, Climate & Community" with Paul Hawken - /Santa
Fe//, NM///*

*Oct 18-21: Seeding the Dream: 4-day Retreat - /Cerillos//, NM///*

_______________________________________

*_*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*_*

**********Join NMSEA! New Online Option Available for Membership

** ********

NMSEA Members & non-Members - you may now sign up or renew your
Membership via PayPal on our website!
Please visit us online by following this link
<http://nmsea.org/Forms/membership.php>, or contact the NMSEA office for
additional information: info at nmsea.org, (505) 246-0400. Thanks for your
support & involvement!

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS_*
<mailto:lindsay at nmgreenchamber.com>

*Oct 1: Solarize Monte Vista Farms Fundraiser - /Sante Fe//, NM///*
5-9pm at2810 Rodeo Rd in Santa Fe

New Energy Economy is making the Energy-Food Connection!  As rising
costs of fossil-fuel energy threaten food prices worldwide, droughts,
floods, wildfires, and other severe weather events caused by climate
change wreak havoc on our food system. Meanwhile, local farms eliminate
unnecessary food miles, help sequester carbon, and build community
resilience in the face of climate change.

In support of local food and climate mitigation - New Energy is working
to solarize a great local food enterprise in Santa Fe - Monte Vista
Farms. Joe's Diner, an avid supporter of local food, is generously
donating proceeds from dinner sales October 1st to fund this project.
Enjoy wonderful food & benefit this worthy local cause!*

***Oct 5: Fall Festival Sustainability Day*//**/-/**/*/Albuquerque//, NM
/*/**12-5pm atRio Grande Community Farm, 1701 Mountain Rd NW

Love local food, renewable energy, and other cool ways to take care of
Mother Earth? Well, Sustainability Day is the day for you! Featuring a
slew of demonstrators and vendors promoting their paths to a healthy
planet, there will be plenty of ways to get your hands dirty--
literally-- with hands-on farm fun & environmental education. From
backyard chickens and worm composting to solar ovens and bike blenders,
the power of YOU has never been more clear than with this event's
activities. Visit Rio Grande Community Farm
<http://www.riograndefarm.org/events/maize-maze/sustainability-day-2013/> online
for other details.
**/*/*_______________________________________
*/*/**

**/*//*/*Oct 8: "Commerce, Climate & Community" with Paul Hawken -
/Santa Fe//, NM
/*at the Lensic Performing Arts Center in Santa Fe 211 W San Francisco St

The Santa Fe Green Chamber of Commerce presents "Commerce, Climate &
Community," an interactive lecture with visionary, environmentalist &
entrepreneur, Paul Hawken.

Tickets $15-30 ($10-20 for SFGCC Members). Please contact the Lensic Box
Office for tickets, (505) 988-1234, www.lensic.org*.
_______________________________________ *

*Oct 18-21: Seeding the Dream: 4-Day Retreat - /Cerillos//, NM
/*

Facilitated by Ampersand Sustainable Living Center, with instructors
Amanda Bramble, Bobbe Besold, Andy Bramble, Mark Jensen & Madi Sato. We
are creating and remembering sane, just, and beautiful ways to live on
our Earth, to be at peace with ourselves, and to take action with each
other. This manifests with every conscious move we make to treat our
resources as the gifts they are. This dream comes alive with each
homegrown sweetpea we savor, with every song we share. We live simply,
with a profound embodied respect for our land, the landscape of our own
bodies, our water, our air, our sun, our creativity and community, and
our purpose.

You are invited to share your stories, visions, and practices to
cultivate the connection that serves us all to serve the world.Spend
four days living simply in the healing sandstone landscape of Ampersand.
Experience building with earth, cooking with the sun, and outdoor
showers that feed the garden. Join us in a learning celebration of the
incredible potential of the collective to create positive changes in our
local and global communities.

Registration $300-400 sliding scale. Vegetarian meals provided. Shared
tipi, yurt, cottage, or tent lodging. Contact
ampersandproject at yahoo.com,(505) 780-0535 for other registration details.

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association*
<http://www.nmsea.org/>