News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Oct 18 17:06:12 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*__*

*Oct 19: SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices
**Annual NMSEA Board of Directors Election *

*_
EVENTS_**

*

*Oct 22: **Annual NMSEA Membership Meeting- /Albuquerque, NM /*

*Oct 23: **Al Gore 'Live Stream' 24 Hrs of Climate Reality "The Cost of
Carbon"- /Albuquerque, NM/ *

*Oct 26: **2nd Annual Driving on Sunshine Electric Vehicle Event-
/Albuquerque, NM/*

_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

*__*
*Oct 19: SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices*

New advertising, articles, and event notices are due by *Oct 19* for the
Nov/Dec SunPaper. Please send all directly to the editor, Ron Herman, at
rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>or call 292-4375.
Preference is given to articles on solar energy topics (PV, passive,
technology, performance histories, incentives, cost benefits, etc.), but
we will also consider other renewable energy subjects as space allows.

*
SunPaper Advertising Prices:*

All advertising in the print version is in black and white, but color
will show on our website version. Photos and graphics must have a
resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text-only
ads may be provided in MS Word format. Printed circulation is typically
400 copies. Size requirements and prices for individual ads are as follows:

Full Page:9½" H X 7" W $122.00

Half Page:4¼" H X 7" W $66.00

Quarter Page:4¼" H X 3½" W $36.00

Biz Card:2"H X 3½" W $20.00

_______________________________________

***Annual NMSEA Board of Directors Election *

NMSEA members will be receiving Board of Directors election ballots via
snail mail in early October. Please take a few minutes to review the
election material, mark your choices, and return your ballot to the
NMSEA office by Oct 21.  Election results will be announced in early
November and published in the Nov/Dec SunPaper.

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS
_*

*__*

*Oct 22: **Annual NMSEA Membership Meeting- /Albuquerque, NM /*
6-8pm at REI: 1550 Mercantile Ave NE, 87107

NMSEA's Annual Membership Meeting will be held on October 22 at REI in
Albuquerque (1550 Mercantile NE -- just NW of I-25 & Montgomery.  Turn
north across from McDonalds, then take the next right. Inside REI's
Community Meeting Room).  This is the normal time & place for the
monthly Albuquerque Chapter Meeting.

NMSEA Board members will update you on this year's activities & projects
plus what's in the photon pipeline for the future.  We need your input
on several important matters (such as the 2014 Solar Fiesta). Please
bring along your questions & comments, and encourage potential new
members to attend.  We look forward to seeing you!

Oct 23: **Al Gore 'Live Stream' 24 Hrs of Climate Reality "The Cost of
Carbon"- /Albuquerque, NM/*
5pm at Harwood Arts: (7th & Mountain) 1114 7th St NW, 87102

Join the Albuquerque Climate Coalition for the final speech of the "24
Hours of Reality," a live stream video followed by discussion of climate
action events in Albuquerque at Harwood Arts, October 23rd at 5pm.
For more info about the 24 Hrs of Climate Reality, visit:
http://climaterealityproject.org/ **
_______________________________________

*Oct 26: **2nd Annual Driving on Sunshine Electric Vehicle Event-
/Albuquerque, NM/*

11am-5pm at Affordable Solar: 4840 Pan American East Fwy NE, 87109

Food, fun & electric vehicles! Music by Le Chat Lunatique (11am-1:30pm)
& Django Rhythm Meat Grinder (2-4pm). Food by Rustic food truck & beer
by Il Vicino.

Speakers include:
11:30 -- Solar 101 (Jim Desjardins)
12:30 -- Sun Saver vs. Purchase (Scott Chazdon)
1:30 -- Appraisal (Geoff Klise, or Rebecca Langton)
2:30 -- Electric Vehicle Club "Pays to Drive With Sol"  (Monte Ogdahl)
3:30 -- Solar Rights (Patrick Griebel)
4:30 -- Sun Saver vs. Purchase (Michelle Davis)

Contact Affordable Solar for additional details! (505) 944-4220

**