News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Nov 15 17:53:11 MST 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

//

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*_
_Volunteer with NMSEA!
***2013 NMSEA Membership Discount & Online Payment Now Available**

*_
EVENTS

_ **//*

****Nov 17: Solar Home Open House - /Santa Fe//, NM/****
*Nov 26: NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter Meeting - /Albuquerque//, NM/***/
/**Dec 4: "Chasing Ice" Film Screening - /Santa Fe//, NM/**

_______________________________________

****_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_****

****_
_*Volunteer with NMSEA!***

***
****Here are some suggestions for getting involved with the promotion of
solar and sustainable living in New Mexico through NMSEA! We really need
and can use your special skills.*

-Help at NMSEA's Sunchaser teaching sessions at NM schools

-Speak to the public about NMSEA and solar (we will help train you) at
various near-Albuquerque special events like tradeshows, solar home
shows, etc.
-Help coordinate the NMSEA Volunteers. YES YES YES!

-Assist on a regular basis with clerical tasks at the NMSEA office (near
the PIT/Isotopes Stadium in Albuquerque)
-Offer website maintenance (NMSEA.org) on a regular basis
- Assist our Event Coordinator or Chapter Coordinator

-NMSEA paper and electronic library assistance

-Organize solar energy advocacy efforts to encourage politicians and
government agencies (writing, calling, meeting)

-Write an article for the SunPaper

-Graphic design or publicity

-Help with NMSEA's annual Solar Fiesta

-Lead or assist a technical or non-technical course related to solar

-Help maintain NMSEAs solar hardware and demonstrations

**

*
**Please email your favorite way to help to info at NMSEA.org
<mailto:Ragan?@NMSEA.org>, or phone us at (505) 246-0400. Thank you!
*_______________________________________

*2013 NMSEA Membership Discount & Online Payment Now Available
*

NMSEA Individual & Family Membership rates have increased to $35! Sign
up as a new NMSEA Member, or renew your Membership before the year's end
& save $5 as an Individual or Family!
Please visit NMSEA online to register or for other Membership details
<nmsea.org/Forms/membership.php>.
_______________________________________

*_EVENTS_*
**<mailto:lindsay at nmgreenchamber.com>

***Nov 17: Solar Home Open House - /Santa Fe//, NM
/***2-4pm at 700 Coyote Ridge Road

Elegant Solar Home on the Market$524,000

Featuring tall ceilings, vigas, lush gardens, views of the Ski Mountain
and energy efficient design. A Zero Energy Cost package is available to
bring annual energy costs to around Zero for gas and electric.
Only 6 miles to the Plaza with a country feel, quiet and private. A rare
find. 2.7 miles west of St Francis Drive on Alameda to Coyote Ridge Road
and follow the signs to the end of the road.
Built and Marketed by Alan Hoffman. Contact Alan for other details (505)
316-0449.

_______________________________________

***//**Nov 26: NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter Meeting - /Albuquerque//, NM///*
6pm at REI, 1550 Mercantile Ave NE, 87107

NMSEA's Albuquerque Chapter meets again this month to discuss
"Everything Under the Sun." This meeting will include short
presentations discussing PV Solar, Solar Thermal & other topics in
Sustainability.
As always, NMSEA Chapter Meetings are FREE & open to the public. We hope
that you will join us!
_______________________________________

**Dec 4: "Chasing Ice" Film Screening - /Albuquerque////, NM
/**

6:30pm at Jewish Community Center (JCC), 5520 Wyoming Blvd NE, 87109

Join Albuquerque Climate Coalition for a free showing on Dec 4th of the
visually stunning documentary on vanishing glaciers, "Chasing Ice" at
the JCC, with an expert discussion panel including a former NM-PRC
commissioner, plus scientists from UNM and Sandia Labs with expertise in
climate changeanswering audience questions following the film.

This event is part of a national day of climate action:'Organizing for
Action' to show the film nationwide on this day. To learn more about
this film, visit http://www.chasingice.com/

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association*
<http://www.nmsea.org/>