[NMSEA-news] NMSEA Video Project: Outreach & Funding Opportunity

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Tue Nov 12 17:07:42 MST 2013

*NMSEA Educational Video Project:
Outreach & Funding Opportunity*

*
A Message from NMSEA (View Online Here)
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44CGZ5tZAY>

*

*New Frontiers

*

In the past year, NMSEA has begun a new approach to renewable energy
education. The world of on-demand video has become obvious, as this is
clearly how vast numbers of people are accessing information and
entertainment. But as of two years ago, video production was a brand new
frontier for us. The amazingly talented, intelligent and experienced
people on our voting board and advisory board just didn't happen to have
a great deal of experience in that area. It's not that our folks
couldn't master the skills given a few years of practice, but great
video production requires LOTS of experience. Going through the learning
curve would not be an efficient use of our time.

But we met up with Toby Younis, and with great encouragement and
patience from Toby (someone with almost as much experience in video as
we have in solar), we began our journey.

However, because our credibility was on the line, NMSEA decided we
should finance the first venture ourselves, without asking our members
and other dedicated followers to invest in a project that was part of
our primary area of expertise...that is, not until we'd proven that we
could do it successfully.

*The Proof is in the Pudding

*

We're happy to report that with Toby's help, we achieved a high quality
13-episode series called /Renewable New Mexico/. View the link to the
trailer here. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCYZteTp0A>
And here's the link to the first episode!
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCYZteTp0A>

The series has been running on Albuquerque's Channels 26 & 27 for the
past year, as well as on the Santa Fe public access station. And you can
find all of them on YouTube by searching under /Renewable New Mexico/.
(This is real progress!)

So where are we now? NMSEA needs a show of support to move us forward
with our video projects. First of all, we need to make more progress in:

 1. Duplicating and distributing the programs to all NM public access
    stations;
 2. Making them available to public access stations nationwide;
 3. Advertising them with a Google Adwords campaign; and
 4. Publicizing them with our Facebook page and Twitter account.

We'd like you to consider these distribution and publicity efforts as
our "current project." Each one of them has a beginning and an end. Each
task will produce tangible results. We can demonstrate their completion.
But if we don't complete them, we can't justify going on to more video
projects, which we're hankering to do.

Our organization hosts such a storehouse of information in the minds of
our state's solar pioneers, as evidenced by the people we interviewed in
the /Renewable New Mexico series/. We want to get many of these people
back into the studio to record their presentations of much more
technical information. This is the kind of information we've presented
year after year in low-cost or free workshops at our Solar Fiestas. Now
it's time to record these experts in front of the cameras, upload them
online and make their stories and knowledge available to the world!

As with most things, to accomplish something well requires time, energy
and some money. So we need your support. Absolutely no exaggeration
here! We _need_ your support!

Although our costs relative to value are low, it does not mean they're
zero. To rephrase, "form follows funding." We believe we're on the right
track with this outreach effort. Please show us you agree by offering a
donation in any amount to help us continue sharing and developing new
educational video content. Click here to make a contribution online now
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=K9P7AM4PD6MBS>,
or send a check or money order donation to our office (address
below).And remember, we're a tax-exempt nonprofit. Your donation is tax
deductible.

Thank you for your continued support and involvement,

NMSEA

*New Mexico**Solar Energy Association*
505-246-0400 <tel:505-246-0400>, 888-886-6765 <tel:888-886-6765>, Fax:
505-246-2251 <tel:505-246-2251>
info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>