News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Jun 20 19:24:55 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_****
****NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
*

***New Mexico**Solar Energy Association on Facebook
****NMSEA Volunteer Opportunities!***

//

*_EVENTS_**
*

*June 25: NMSEA ABQ Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM
/*/**/**//**/** /

*June 25: New Energy Economy "I Scream for Solar" Ice Cream Social
-*/*Santa Fe**/, NM /*/**/**//**/**
/ / _______________________________________
*//*/**/

*_
ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Available Online
*

*//*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>
_______________________________________

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!
_______________________________________

***NSMEA Volunteer Opportunities!
***

*Here are some suggestions for getting involved with the promotion of
solar and sustainable living in New Mexico through NMSEA! We really need
and can use your special skills.*

-Help at NMSEA's Sunchaser teaching sessions at NM schools

-Speak to the public about NMSEA and solar (we will help train you) at
various near-Albuquerque special events like tradeshows, solar home
shows, etc.
-Help coordinate the NMSEA Volunteers. YES YES YES!

-Assist on a regular basis with clerical tasks at the NMSEA office (near
the PIT/Isotopes Stadium in Albuquerque)
-Offer website maintenance (NMSEA.org) on a regular basis
- Assist our Event Coordinator or Chapter Coordinator

-NMSEA paper and electronic library assistance

-Organize solar energy advocacy efforts to encourage politicians and
government agencies (writing, calling, meeting)

-Write an article for the SunPaper

-Graphic design or publicity

-Help with NMSEA's annual Solar Fiesta

-Lead or assist a technical or non-technical course related to solar

-Help maintain NMSEAs solar hardware and demonstrations

**

*
**Please email your favorite way to help to info at NMSEA.org
<mailto:Ragan?@NMSEA.org>, or phone us at (505) 246-0400. Thank you!*

_______________________________________

**//**

*__*

*__*

*_EVENTS_*

*****June 25: NMSEA ABQ Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM /*

6-8 pm at REI, 1550 Mercantile NE */

/*Join NMSEA for sun-baked cookies and tips for powering your life with
the sun! Our meeting this month will cover passive solar principles
(including sun ovens) and photovoltaic (PV) basics. The public and NMSEA
members are invited to join us on the 4th Tuesday of every month for a
couple hours of "energy" and education. We will be having a mix of
speakers and expert-led discussions, plus solar baked treats. Come hang
out with other concerned citizens to learn how you can do your part as
we all transition toward a more sustainable lifestyle, or share your
successes! Experts and novices are all encouraged to attend. NMSEA
monthly Chapter Meetings are FREE & open to the public. We hope that you
join us!

_______________________________________

*June 25: ***New Energy Economy *"I Scream for Solar" Ice Cream Social
-*/*Santa Fe**/, NM /*/
1-7 pm Haagen-Dazs on the Santa Fe Plaza

Come meet NEE staff and volunteers and join a community that takes
action to promote solar energy and fight climate change. Thanks to
Haagen-Dazs for donating a portion of the proceeds of every cone,
pastry, and other item purchased during that time to New Energy
Economy's campaign to put solar panels on Tesuque Fire Station #1, where
they'll benefit the planet AND firefighters on the front lines of
climate change!