News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Jun 13 19:32:14 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*
******June 15: ***SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices
NMSEA Volunteer Opportunities!
* **

//

*_EVENTS_**
*

*June 25: NMSEA Abq Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM
/*/**/**/**//**/**/**
/ _______________________________________
*//*/**/

*_
ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*
*****June 15: SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices

*****

**********New advertising, articles, and event notices are due by *June
15* for the July/August SunPaper. Please send all directly to the
editor, Ron Herman, at rhermansolar at aol.com
<mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>or call 292-4375. Preference is given to
articles on solar energy topics (PV, passive, technology, performance
histories, incentives, cost benefits, etc.), but we will also consider
other renewable energy subjects as space allows. *

SunPaper Advertising Prices:*

All advertising in the print version is in black and white, but color
will show on our website version. Photos and graphics must have a
resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text-only
ads may be provided in MS Word format. Printed circulation is typically
400 copies. Size requirements and prices for individual ads are as follows:

Full Page:9½" H X 7" W $122.00

Half Page:4¼" H X 7" W $66.00

Quarter Page:4¼" H X 3½" W $36.00

Biz Card:2"H X 3½" W $20.00

_______________________________________

***NSMEA Volunteer Opportunities!
***

*Here are some suggestions for getting involved with the promotion of
solar and sustainable living in New Mexico through NMSEA! We really need
and can use your special skills.*

-Help at NMSEA's Sunchaser teaching sessions at NM schools

-Speak to the public about NMSEA and solar (we will help train you) at
various near-Albuquerque special events like tradeshows, solar home
shows, etc.
-Help coordinate the NMSEA Volunteers. YES YES YES!

-Assist on a regular basis with clerical tasks at the NMSEA office (near
the PIT/Isotopes Stadium in Albuquerque)
-Offer website maintenance (NMSEA.org) on a regular basis
- Assist our Event Coordinator or Chapter Coordinator

-NMSEA paper and electronic library assistance

-Organize solar energy advocacy efforts to encourage politicians and
government agencies (writing, calling, meeting)

-Write an article for the SunPaper

-Graphic design or publicity

-Help with NMSEA's annual Solar Fiesta

-Lead or assist a technical or non-technical course related to solar

-Help maintain NMSEAs solar hardware and demonstrations

**

*
**Please email your favorite way to help to info at NMSEA.org
<mailto:Ragan?@NMSEA.org>, or phone us at (505) 246-0400. Thank you!*

_______________________________________

**//**

*__*

*__*

*_EVENTS_*

*****June 25: NMSEA Abq Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM /*

6-8 pm at REI, 1550 Mercantile NE */

/*Join NMSEA for sun-baked cookies and tips for powering your life with
the sun! Our meeting this month will cover passive solar principles
(including sun ovens) and photovoltaic (PV) basics. The public and NMSEA
members are invited to join us on the 4th Tuesday of every month for a
couple hours of "energy" and education. We will be having a mix of
speakers and expert-led discussions. Come hang out with other concerned
citizens to learn how you can do your part as we all transition toward a
more sustainable lifestyle, or share your successes! Experts and novices
are all encouraged to attend. NMSEA monthly Chapter Meetings are FREE &
open to the public. We hope that you join us!