[NMSEA-news] NMSEA Members, Supporters & Fans of Renewable Energy

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Dec 5 16:08:49 MST 2013

*/NMSEA Members, Supporters & Fans of Renewable Energy/*

*Please take a moment to view this message from NMSEA (online here)
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44CGZ5tZAY>**!*

/*
New Frontiers*//

/

In the past year, NMSEA has begun a new approach to renewable energy
education. The world of on-demand video has become obvious, as this is
clearly how vast numbers of people are accessing information and
entertainment. But as of two years ago, video production was a brand new
frontier for us. The amazingly talented, intelligent and experienced
people on our voting board and advisory board just didn't happen to have
a great deal of experience in that area. It's not that our folks
couldn't master the skills given a few years of practice, but great
video production requires LOTS of experience. Going through the learning
curve would not be an efficient use of our time.

But we met up with videographer, Toby Younis, and with great
encouragement and patience from Toby (someone with almost as much
experience in video as we have in solar), we began our journey.

However, because our credibility was on the line, we decided we should
finance the first venture ourselves, without asking our members and
other dedicated followers to invest in a project that wasn't part of our
primary area of expertise... that is, not until we'd proven that we
could do it successfully.

*/
//The Proof is in the Pudding

/*

We're happy to report that with Toby's help, we achieved a high quality
13-episode series called /Renewable New Mexico/.
Here's a link to the trailer
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YziLmU17bzA>!  &Click here
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWCYZteTp0A> to view the first episode!

The series has been running on Albuquerque's Channels 26 & 27 for the
past year, as well as on the Santa Fe public access station. And you can
find all of them on YouTube by searching under /Renewable New Mexico/.
(This is real progress!)

So where are we now? We need a show of support to move us forward with
our video projects. First of all, we need to make more progress in:

 1. Duplicating and distributing the programs to all NM public access
    stations;
 2. Making them available to public access stations nationwide;
 3. Advertising them with a Google Adwords campaign; and
 4. Publicizing them with our Facebook page and Twitter account.

We'd like you to consider these distribution and publicity efforts as
our "current project." Each one of them has a beginning and an end. Each
task will produce tangible results. We can demonstrate their completion.
But if we don't complete them, we can't justify going on to more video
projects, which we're hankering to do.

We have such a storehouse of information in the minds of our state's
solar pioneers, as evidenced by the people we interviewed in the
/Renewable New Mexico series/. We want to get many of these people back
into the studio to record their presentations of much more technical
information. This is the kind of information we've presented year after
year in low-cost or free workshops at our Solar Fiestas. Now it's time
to do them in front of the cameras, upload them to YouTube and make them
available to the world!

As with most things in this world, to accomplish something well requires
time, energy and some money. So we need your support.  Absolutely no
exaggeration here!  We _need_ your support!  Although our costs relative
to value are low, it does not mean they're zero.  To rephrase, "form
follows funding."  We believe we're on the right track.  Please show us
you agree.

We are also providing contribution incentives (listed below). And please
remember, NMSEA is a tax-exempt nonprofit. Your donation is tax deductible!

  *

    $5 or more -- our eternal thanks & gratitude

  *

    $10 or more - our eternal thanks & gratitude, plus mention on the
    NMSEA website as a supporter of this project

  *

    $25 or more -- one DVD copy of the /Renewable New Mexico/ episode of
    your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a supporter of
    this project

  * $50 or more -- one DVD copy each of the two /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project
  *

    $75 or more - one DVD copy each of the three /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $100 or more - one DVD copy each of the four /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $125 or more - one DVD copy each of the five /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $150 or more - one DVD copy each of the six /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $175 or more - one DVD copy each of the seven /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $200 or more - one DVD copy each of the eight /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $225 or more - one DVD copy each of the nine /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $250 or more - one DVD copy each of the ten /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $300 or more - one DVD copy each of all 13 /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project

  *

    $500 or more - one DVD copy each of all 13 /Renewable New Mexico/
    episodes of your choice, plus mention on the NMSEA website as a
    supporter of this project, plus a bold 2013 Solar Fiesta t-shirt!

Thank you for your continued support and involvement! Happy Holidays!

NMSEA

*New Mexico**Solar Energy Association*
505-246-0400 <tel:505-246-0400>, 888-886-6765 <tel:888-886-6765>, Fax:
505-246-2251 <tel:505-246-2251>
info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>