News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Aug 16 16:51:58 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

//

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*_
_*************Boko Bed Net: Solar Anti-Malaria Project & Campaign
*********Aug 17: ***SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices

*_
EVENTS_**
*/**/**//**/** /*
**Aug 27: NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM
/*/**/**//**/**
/

//**/**//**/**//_______________________________________
*//*/**/

**//**

*_******_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_******_*******************_
_*************Boko Bed Net: Solar Anti-Malaria Project &
Campaign*******************

The Boko Bed Net Project is a new approach to preventing malaria. If you
were not aware that malaria is a serious problem: somewhere in the world
a child dies every 30 second from this disease, 1 million people die of
malaria each year in Africa alone, and 20,000 children will die from
malaria this year in Ghana, the country where our project is being launched.

The Boko Bed Net Project is a truly innovative, holistic, empowering
approach to eradicating this very serious and deadly disease; the
project links bringing solar power to communities and preventing
malaria, being developed by Green World Health Net
<http://greenworldhealthnet.org/>. The project's preliminary project
results show that malaria infection rates are being reduced in the
village. In addition, off-grid households build their own solar systems
and bring lighting to their homes, the environment is improved, and
community members are getting an opportunity to earn money. I know it
sounds too good to be true in that one project can accomplish all these
things, but it is the reason we are so excited about the Boko Bed Net
Project!
Please see this link to a video interview with Dr. Keating of Tulane
University,
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVGVKE45WKU&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLsqhdLEM3H7KD5_Qm7GLeDB5Kc8dEEhe3>take
a moment to check out the Boko Bed Net malaria prevention project on
Indiegogo
<http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-boko-bed-net-malaria-prevention-project/x/2168313>
and also share it with your friends. All the tools are there. Get perks,
make a contribution, or simply follow updates.

With enough support, The Boko Bed Net Malaria Prevention Project can happen!

//**/**//**/**//_______________________________________

******Aug 17: SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices*****_*****

***** _*

**********New advertising, articles, and event notices are due by
*August 17* for the September/October SunPaper. Please send all directly
to the editor, Ron Herman, at rhermansolar at aol.com
<mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com> or call 292-4375.
Preference is given to articles on solar energy topics (PV, passive,
technology, performance histories, incentives, cost benefits, etc.), but
we will also consider other renewable energy subjects as space allows. *

SunPaper Advertising Prices:*

All advertising in the print version is in black and white, but color
will show on our website version. Photos and graphics must have a
resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text-only
ads may be provided in MS Word format. Printed circulation is typically
400 copies. Size requirements and prices for individual ads are as follows:

Full Page:9½" H X 7" W $122.00

Half Page:4¼" H X 7" W $66.00

Quarter Page:4¼" H X 3½" W $36.00

Biz Card:2"H X 3½" W $20.00
//**/**//**/**//______________________________________

*_
EVENTS_*
****

*Aug 27: NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter Meeting - **/*/Albuquerque/*, NM /**//*
6pm at REI: 1550 Mercantile Ave NE, 87107

The topic for the next NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter meeting will be
**"Reduce your use of Dead Sunshine! " A presentation on tried and true
methods of decreasing our homes' consumption of fossil fueled energy,
led by NMSEA President, Gary Vaughn and NMSEA VP, Athena Christodoulou.
NMSEA Monthly Chapter Meetingsare FREE & open to the public. We hope
that you will join us!