News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Aug 2 17:10:49 MDT 2013

Hello, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

//

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*_
_*******Aug 17: ***SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices***

*_
EVENTS_**
*/**/**//**/** /*
Aug 3: Solar Oven Pizza Cook-off - Albuquerque, NM
**Aug 3: Rally at the Rio: Climate Change Action Event - Albuquerque,
NM*/**/**//**/**
/

//**/**//**/**//_______________________________________
*//*/**/

**//**

*_******_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_******_******
*Aug 17: SunPaper Deadline for Ads, Articles, Notices*****_*****

***** _*

**********New advertising, articles, and event notices are due by
*August 17* for the September/October SunPaper. Please send all directly
to the editor, Ron Herman, at rhermansolar at aol.com
<mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>or call 292-4375.
Preference is given to articles on solar energy topics (PV, passive,
technology, performance histories, incentives, cost benefits, etc.), but
we will also consider other renewable energy subjects as space allows. *

SunPaper Advertising Prices:*

All advertising in the print version is in black and white, but color
will show on our website version. Photos and graphics must have a
resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text-only
ads may be provided in MS Word format. Printed circulation is typically
400 copies. Size requirements and prices for individual ads are as follows:

Full Page:9½" H X 7" W $122.00

Half Page:4¼" H X 7" W $66.00

Quarter Page:4¼" H X 3½" W $36.00

Biz Card:2"H X 3½" W $20.00
//**/**//**/**//______________________________________

*_
EVENTS_*
****

****Aug 3: Solar Oven Pizza Cook-off - Albuquerque**, NM*****/
/*1-4pm at Papa Murphy's Pizza 8104 Wyoming

Join NMSEA at the Papa Murhpy's Paseo & Wyoming location for an event
intended to encourage community interest in math, science & renewable
energy! Open to all ages, youth & adults are invited to build a solar
oven to cook a 7 inch pizza (pizza will be provided).
The winning oven design and pizza will be awarded FREE PIZZA FOR A YEAR
with additional prizes and offers to other participants!

To enter, please contact: papamurphyssolarcookoff at gmail.com & include
your Name, Age, and Interests.
_______________________________________

********Aug 3: Rally at the Rio: Climate Change Action Event -
Albuquerque**, NM
********10am-12pm 2700 Central Ave SW, Albuquerque 87104. At the bike
trailhead/park at NW corner West Tingley Dr. Parking at the BioPark.

Join NMSEA for New Mexico's largest ever mass action event on Climate
Change. Participants will assemble on the Bosque Bike Path "trailhead
park" on the northeast side of the bridge, adjacent to Biopark parking
lot, for a rally with speakers and music. The group will then walk up
onto the bridge with signs and fill the sidewalks on both sides of the
bridge, with speakers at the park first, and a huge crowd with 100
painted signs, occupying both sides of the Rio Grande Bridge at Central,
demanding action on climate change.

This collaborative local leaders, activists, and community organizations
intends to illustrate the message that human-caused climate change must
be addressed immediately. The science stopped being seriously debatable
a long time ago. Early effects we are experiencing in Albuquerque (just
as everywhere) are already illustrating even more severe climate
ice sheet melting and sea level rise, and a dramatic increase in severe
weather events around the globe. New Mexico is suffering from severe,
extended drought related to climate change that is devastating local
ecosystems and putting extreme stress on agriculture. We know what we
need to do. We have proven commercial-scale technologies that can remove
most of the carbon pollution from our economy. We have the regulatory
tools to make this transition happen at costs that consumers and
businesses can afford -- in fact, greenhouse gas limits would likely
have a positive impact on our economy. Yet despite all this, and despite
the fact that almost every other advanced industrial nation has taken up
the challenge of limiting greenhouse gas emissions, action is stalled in
the U.S.

This rally aims to put the issue back into the public spotlight with a
message that we have the moral obligation to deal with the problem now -
organizing to remind our fellow citizens that they need to be concerned
about this issue, or else be part of a slow-moving catastrophe. Rally to
demand that the news media provide coverage of climate change
commensurate with the magnitude of the problem, and to move away from
the formulation that has been foisted by opponents that this is "just
another political dispute" with two differing opinions.

This action will be one of many across the U.S. this long, hot summer
seeking to elevate the issue. Having reached out to invite literally
thousands of New Mexicans, Rally at the Rio expects a big turnout.
Please join them. Check these links for other details:
http://www.abqclimateaction.us/ &
https://www.facebook.com/events/387210364716155/