News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Apr 6 17:27:46 MDT 2012

Greetings, Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  Or contact us with questions & comments.  We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*
*- **Please Volunteer During Upcoming NMSEA Events!
**- **NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
*/-/ *New Mexico** Solar Energy Association on Facebook*

*_EVENTS_**
**//*
- ***APRIL 19-20: FREE Solar Training Event -** /Taos, NM/*
- *APRIL 28: SynergyFest** **- /Las Vegas, NM/**
**//*- *May 13-17: ASES National Solar Conference & World Renewable
Energy Forum **– /Denver, CO/*
_______________________________________
*//*/**/

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

*Please Volunteer During Upcoming NMSEA Events!*

NMSEA's mission to promote clean, renewable energy and sustainability in
New Mexico relies on our volunteer member efforts!  With one of NMSEA's
busiest seasons, Earth Day, approaching our office receives countless
requests to offer a table presence at community events.  If you may be
interested to assist NMSEA during local, community events as a general
volunteer, the following opportunities are currently available!

*/Sat, April 21: Albuquerque BioPark Earth Day Celebration (Zoo or
Botanic Garden) 10am-2pm/*
Tabling with literature and a few demos (Small sun oven / PV fountain) &
lots of people are expected!  We can't commit to attend this event until
we find a couple of volunteers willing to pick up literature & equipment
from our office, set up the booth, staff the booth, then pack up &
return the equipment, so please let us know if you may be interested to
assist us at the BioPark.

*/Sun, April 22: La Montanita Earth Day 10am-5pm/*
Always a fun event, table with literature and a few demos (Small sun
oven / PV fountain).  We need a couple volunteers willing to pick up
literature & equipment from our office, set up the booth, staff the
booth, then pack up & return the equipment.  Please confirm your
willingness to assist us as a volunteer during this event so that we may
confirm our availability to attend!

/*Sun, April 22: Madrid Earth Day 11am-5pm  at the ballpark.*/
Madrid is always a trip!  If the weather is decent, we'll set up the big
sun oven.  We have volunteers for this one, but please come on by for a
visit anyway!

If you may be interested & willing to help, or would like additional
information, please contact the NMSEA office: (505) 246-0400
Thanks for your support!
_______________________________________

*__*

*__*

*NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online
*

*/ /*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>
_______________________________________

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!
______________________________________

*__*

*__*

*_EVENTS_**
*

***APRIL 19-20: FREE Solar Training Event -** /Taos, NM
/*4pm-6pm @ The Taos Academy, 110 Paseo del Canon West

Get Smart on Solar!
For Teachers, Student Leaders, and Volunteers

- Solar and Education Professionals will provide a jam packed fun filled
educational experience just for 2 hours each day – come one or both
days!  _4 to 6pm, __Thursday and Friday, April 19-20_

- Learn about fun-filled, hands-on, minds-on teaching units on solar
energy---from using fossil fuels (stored sunlight of the past) more
efficiently, to solar PV, water pumping and solar heating panels for
powering our homes, businesses, and cars; understand passive solar; make
hydrogen for and experiment with a fuel cell and more!

- Browse eight (8) training and curriculum tables and experience the
experiments and real world applications of solar energy use.

- _FREE_ curriculum and resources for your classroom or use!   Attend
and receive an NMSEA certificate of training.

- NM Solar is here to support you in your efforts to bring cutting edge
technology to your students, friends and neighbors.

- FREE snacks

- You too can help NM Solar Energy Assoc. by attending this training
session and becoming a Sunchaser volunteer for our public events, like
the Taos Solar Music Fest.

Hosted by the NM Solar Energy Association in Taos: www.nmsolar.org
<http://www.nmsolar.org>, 575-770-0225
______________________________________

*APRIL 28 : SynergyFest** **- /Las Vegas, NM/*
10am-4pm at NMHU Melody Park

SynergyFest celebrates renewable energy, local commerce and food
production, resource conservation, and other means to a sustainable
future for the communities of northeastern New Mexico.
Each year this event grows, with 2100 people attending in 2011.   We are
currently accepting applications for vendor spaces and advertising.

Please visit www.synergyfest.com <http://www.synergyfest.com> or contact
Cheryl Zebrowski at 505-718-6932
______________________________________

*May 13-17 :  ASES National Solar Conference & World Renewable Energy
Forum **– /Denver, CO

/*/We’re one week closer to the World Renewable Energy Forum--WREF2012,
and excitement is building for what this year’s conference will hold for
all of us. As Chuck Kutscher pointed out last week, there have been an
unprecedented number of papers submitted, and we have planned over 200
sessions. Wow! /

/For example, take a look at some of the people joining us as Plenary
Speakers. I must say that I’m really impressed with the line-up this
year. The talent pool will include the likes of Mike Eckhart, Dr.
El-Ashry, Santiago Seage, Dorothy Robyn, and many more.  Don’t forget to
share the details with your colleagues and friends. Early bird
registration is happening, and members save an additional $100 off of a
full conference registration. I look forward to meeting you in Denver,
CO during the week of May 13 - 17 for The Renewable Energy Event of this
spring--WREF2012.

Sincerely,/

/Susan Greene
President, American Solar Energy Society
/

_Program Highlights_

WREF2012 will feature world-renowned speakers during each day’s general
session. Here’s a sample of the experts you’ll have a chance to hear:

•     Mike Eckhart <http://ases.org/2012/01/mike-eckhart/> - Managing
Director of the Institutional Clients Group at Citigroup and former
president of the American Council on Renewable Energy, offers a
worldwide perspective on the financial realities behind renewable energy
development.

•     Dr. Mohamed El-Ashry <http://ases.org/2012/01/dr-el-ashry/> - a
Senior Fellow with the UN Foundation, has served as CEO and Chairman of
the Global Environment Facility (GEF), and speaks with authority on
global climate change and its social effects.

•     Santiago Seage <http://ases.org/2012/01/2061/> – the CEO of
Abengoa Solar, which has built into a technology leader in large solar
power plants.

•     Dorothy Robyn <http://ases.org/2012/01/dorothy-robyn/> - Deputy
Under Secretary of Defense for Installations and Environment,
understands how the U.S. military must develop its own stand-alone
fuel-free energy sources, as a matter of national security.

Check the detailed program for specific dates and times.
/Register Now!
<https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=ASES&WebCode=EventReg&evt_key=ea2447b7-bd42-49d7-aa4e-903a30fc65c9>/

As a participating organization, NMSEA is offering its members a
discount on WREF2012 registration. To obtain the discount code, send an
email to Jim Barrera jimb at nmsea.org

To receive the best discounts, take advantage of our early bird
registration. There are several registration options
<http://ases.org/conference/wref2012-pricing/> as well as discounted
lodging near the Colorado Convention Center in Denver. When calling
hotels to make reservations for your lodging, please mention *WREF 2012*
 for the best deals.

The 2012 conference is presented by the World Renewable Energy Network
(WREN) <http://www.wrenuk.co.uk/>and the American Solar Energy Society
Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
<http://www.nrel.gov/>, the Colorado Renewable Energy Society (CRES)
<http://cres-energy.org/> and the International Solar Energy Society
(ISES) <https://ises.org/ises.nsf>. Conference details are at
wref2012.org <http://wref2012.org>