News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Sep 23 14:05:15 MDT 2011

 Hello Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/**//**/***
- NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
*/-/ *New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook/
/*

*_EVENTS_
**
**- SEPT 24: NMSEA Annual Membership Meeting **& Solar Social - This
Saturday!!! **- /Albuquerque, NM/
- SEPT 24: Moving Planet: Day of Action - /Los Alamos, NM/
- SEPT 27: NMSEA Albuquerque Chapter Meeting - /Albuquerque, NM/
- SEPT 28: NM/CO Solar & Wind Procurement Policy Interactive Web
Conference - /Online/*
*- OCT 1: Waterwise Garden Tour/ NMSEA Sustainable LV Chapter Meeting -
/Las Vegas, NM/
- OCT 28-30 & NOV 5-6: **Photovoltaic Design & Installation Classes **/
- Santa Fe, NM/*

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
**

* NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online

*A selection of past SunPaper editions are available for reference
online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.
_______________________________________

***New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_
EVENTS
_*
*SEPT 24: NMSEA Annual Membership Meeting & Solar Social **- This
Saturday!!! **- /Albuquerque, NM/**//**//*

3pm–5pm @ Affordable Solar - 4840 Pan American East FWY, NE  87109

Please join us for NMSEA’s Annual Membership Meeting this Saturday at
Affordable Solar on I-25 and Montgomery.  We'll speak with NMSEA Members
about results from Solar Fiesta this year, board elections for the
upcoming year, and what we plan to do in the coming year.

The program will be followed by our quarterly Solar Social!  Mingle with
industry experts and other NMSEA members!  Food and spirits will be
provided so bring the family along, too.  We’ll see you there!
_______________________________________

*SEPT 24: Moving Planet: Day of Action - /Los Alamos, NM
/*
This Saturday! 10am @ Ashley Pond
Los Alamos will be teaming up with communities all across the globe for
a day of action called Moving Planet <http://moving-planet.org/>.

The goal is to get moving beyond fossil fuels by pouring into the
streets on foot, bike, and other means of sustainable movement. Around
the world people will be demonstrating demand for climate politics to
align with climate science; for a rapid, just transition to low carbon
emissions; and for the rights of people to be lifted over the rights of
polluters.

We'll be gathering at Ashley Pond at 10 am.  From there we'll move
around downtown--by foot, bike, skateboard, pogo stick--any sustainable
method of transit is welcome! We'll gather up after our march (around 11
am) at the pond. Finally, we'll move down to the High School to catch
Atomic Transit up to the Ski Hill (around 12 pm), to celebrate at
UllrFest and hopefully share our message there!

We need your help to make this big!  Join us as we send a message to the
community to move past fossil fuels--and let's have fun doing it! There
will be prizes for the best costume and best non-traditional "vehicle"
(ie, non-fossil fuels)!

Here's what to do:
-Sign the online petition <http://tinyurl.com/3s8fn3r>. This is a
petition of support for the county's goal to "enhance environmental
quality and sustainability."
-RSVP
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlVNWt2VHlEdVVGR1R6S0tBNGVJa2c6MA> for
the event so we can keep you updated on details and circle the morning
of September 24th on your calendars!
-Send out this invite and our Moving Planet page
<http://www.moving-planet.org/events/us/los-alamos/1456> to your
friends, family, and colleagues!
-Get your costumes and alternative vehicles ready!

Please email Elena <mailto:elena.gustafson at gmail.com> with any questions.
_______________________________________

* SEPT 27: NMSEA ABQ Chapter Meeting - /Albuquerque, NM/
*Please note: This month's meeting will be held @ Affordable Solar -
4840 Pan American East FWY, NE  87109
6-8pm

Hear it from the Makers! Come to the NMSEA September Chapter meeting and
learn about the PV (photovoltaic/solar electric) panel manufacturing
process and quality control from local manufacturer, Schott Solar.

This is a unique opportunity to hear directly from this local
manufacturer and leader in the solar industry.  If you are considering
the installation of a solar system, or just want to learn about this
leading solar company, please come to this exciting presentation hosted
by Affordable Solar. (505-998-2500) Refreshments will be served.

Experts and novices are all encouraged to attend. Open to the public.
_______________________________________

*SEPT 28: NM/CO Solar & Wind Procurement Policy Interactive Web
Conference - /Online/*
1pm – 2:30pm ET

This webinar will discuss the roles utilities play in the promotion and
development of both wind and solar renewable energy projects in the
States of Colorado and New Mexico. We will hold a frank discussion on
the value of a PPA and how the off take agreement can either make or
break a project; we'll discuss how rate payers are reacting to
potentially paying a premium for electricity generated from renewable
sources; and we'll get insight into how states can provide incentives
when federal subsidies are being discontinued.

Moderator:
Stephen C. Hansen, Director of Business Development - Renewable Energy
Groups, Mortenson Construction

Panelists:
Matt Baker, Commissioner, Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies,
Public Utilities Commission; Patrick Lyons, Chairman, New Mexico Public
Regulation Commission; Jason Marks, Commissioner, New Mexico Public
Regulation Commission

Please register
<http://www.cvent.com/events/webinar-solar-wind-procurement-policy/fees-dc30c65b679947e19bd23e0ed67333b8.aspx?i=4e91b5dd-74c4-4e0f-9c58-921da69a1402>
by Midnight (Eastern), Tuesday, September 27, to receive webinar
connection information in a timely manner
_______________________________________

*OCT 1: Waterwise Garden Tour/ NMSEA Sustainable LV Chapter Meeting -
/Las Vegas, NM/*

10-12am at 1327 4th St. Las Vegas, NM

Sustainable Las Vegas (the local chapter of the NM Solar Energy
Association) and the Las Vegas Community Water Board will be
co-sponsoring a Waterwise Garden Tour on Saturday, October 1st.

Come to 1327 4th St. between 10-12 am to see what can be done without
using potable city water.   With intensive mulching and other
permaculture techniques, the owners kept not only drought-tolerant
plants but an "edible landscape" alive through the use of rainwater and
greywater catchment and distribution.

This event will substitute for Sustainable LV's usual presentation on
the second Thursday evening of the month.

For further information, please phone Emelie at (505) 454-3920
_______________________________________

*OCT 28-30: Photovoltaic Design Class/ - Santa Fe, NM
/**OCT 28-30 & NOV 5-6: **Photovoltaic Design & Installation Class **/ -
Santa Fe, NM/*
*
*New Mexico Solar Energy Association (NMSEA) has scheduled its next
*/Photovoltaic Design/* /& /*/PV Design and Installation/* classes.
The classes will be held in Santa Fe, New Mexico at Santa Fe Girls School.

Here are several links to the information on the NMSEA website regarding
these classes.
   All Workshops:   http://nmsea.org/Workshops/index.php
   PV Design:   http://nmsea.org/Workshops/pv_design_workshop.php
   PV Design & Installation:   http://nmsea.org/Workshops/pv_workshop.php

Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis & NMSEA Members
have preferential registration until Thursday, September 22.
NMSEA Members also receive a discount on the class.  Please spread the word!

<http://earthusa.org/preliminary-schedule/>

//