News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri May 6 14:59:52 MDT 2011

* Hello Solar Supporters!
*

*Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA*

-* Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings *-
*
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  **Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!*

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/****//**/
/**//**/*/* /**/NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online/**//**/
* NMSEA on Facebook
/*

*_EVENTS_
****//
* **MAY 6: TONIGHT! NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting -** /Silver City,
NM/**
*** **MAY 12: NMSEA Sustainable Las Vegas Chapter Meeting -** /Las
Vegas, NM/
* **MAY 12: "Economics of Happiness" Film Screening - **/Silver City, NM/**
*/ /**MAY 13: SW NM Green Chamber/Green Drinks Meeting - **/Silver City, NM
/***/ /**MAY 14: Passive Solar Design & Solar Cooking - **/Albuquerque, NM/*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

*/NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online
/*
A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.

_______________________________________

/*
NMSEA on Facebook*/

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association is on Facebook!

*NMSEA is now also using this site to spread the word about our
educational outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you like getting updates on Facebook, please visit the NMSEA on
Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS

_**MAY 6: TONIGHT! NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting -** /Silver City, NM
/*
6 pm in Isaac's Backroom, 200 N. Bullard

Hosting Joe Riley of EcoEnergy Auditing providing a program about
certified professional energy auditing.
_______________________________________

**

*MAY 12: NMSEA Sustainable Las Vegas Chapter Meeting -** /Las Vegas,
NM/**//*

5:15 pm at NMHU Donnelly Library, Rm. 325

The next meeting of Sustainable Las Vegas (the local LV chapter of the
New Mexico Solar Energy Association) will host Molly Brook, Junior
Lobbyist and Program Associate, Conservation Voters New Mexico, will
speak on the topic, "Our land, Our water, Our communities: A Summary of
the 2011 Legislative Session".

Each year, important decisions are made by state leaders during the
legislative session that have critical impacts on the air we breathe,
and water we drink, and our open spaces.  Please join Conservation
Voters New Mexico Education Fund as we review and discuss the impacts of
the 2011 legislative session, and how to make sure your voice is heard
on critical issues moving forward.

For further information, phone Emelie Olson at 505 454-3920.
_______________________________________

*MAY 12: "Economics of Happiness" Film Screening - **/Silver City, NM/*

6:30 pm - Silco Theatre, 311 N. Bullard - With community localization
panel discussion to follow. $5.00

For more info, please email: cissymca at yahoo.com

 _______________________________________

*MAY 13: SW NM Green Chamber/Green Drinks Meeting - **/Silver City, NM

/*

6 pm in Isaac's Backroom, 200 N. Bullard - Discussion on environmental
economics.

For more info, please email: cissymca at yahoo.com

_______________________________________

*MAY 14: Passive Solar Design & Solar Cooking - **/Albuquerque, NM
/*

10 am - 4 pm;  Instructor: Amanda Bramble

Spend the day cooking with the sun and learning to make best use of this
amazing resource for heating and cooling.
The fundamentals of passive solar design for new structures and retrofit
possibilities will be explained.
You will learn how much window you want, where to place them, and how to
locate insulative materials
so that they will make the most difference in reducing heat loss.
Thermal mass, Greenhouses and Trombe walls
will also be discussed. Observe these different building techniques at
work in different stages of completion at Ampersand.
Amanda will also share about the range of solar cookers available,
cooking techniques, appropriate cookware,
canning in the solar oven, safe temperature ranges, and how to integrate
solar cooking easily into your current lifestyle.
At the end of the day we will taste our solar creations.

Sliding Scale $40-$60

To Register:  Send a check with the registration fee to: Ampersand PO
Box 773 Cerrillos, NM 87010
Please include the class name, your phone and email.  Also say where you
will be coming from for carpooling.
Call or email with any questions:  (505) 780-0535 ampersandproject at yahoo.com