News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Jun 9 18:16:16 MDT 2011

* Hello Solar Supporters!
*

*Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA*

-* Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings *-
*
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  **Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!*

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/**//*
*/*/* /*/*JUNE 17: July/Aug SunPaper Deadline */
*/* /**/JULY 5: SOLAR FIESTA DEADLINE - CALL FOR SPEAKERS!!!/**/
* /*/**//*AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" *//*Sep/Oct *//*SunPaper Deadline
*/*/* /*/*NMSEA Office - New Summer Hours*/
*/* /**/NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Available Online/**//**/
* NMSEA on Facebook
/*

*_EVENTS_
****/
* /**JUNE 11-12: 12th Annual Greenbuilt Tour - /NM Statewide /*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

/*JUNE 17: July/Aug SunPaper Deadline */*
*

The deadline for the submission of advertising, articles, and chapter
news for the July/Aug SunPaper is Friday, June 17. If you wish to submit
an article, you should know that preference is given to solar energy
topics (PV, passive, technology, performance histories, incentives, cost
benefits, etc.), but we will also consider other renewable energy
subjects, as space allows. Please send submissions by e-mail directly to
rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>. (No .docx, please.)

*Advertising Rates*

* *

All advertising is in black and white, and photos and graphics must have
a resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text ads
may be provided in MS Word (.doc) format (not .docx). Circulation is
typically 800 for the SunPapers. The size requirements and prices for
individual ads are as follows:

                        _Ad Size_
_Nov/Dec_

            Full Page:        9½” H X 7” W            $122.00

            Half Page:       4¼” H X 7” W             $66.00

            Quarter Page:  4¼” H X 3½” W         $36.00

            Biz Card:         2”  H X 3½” W           $20.00

You will be billed upon publication.

Please call 505-292-4375 for more information.
_______________________________________

*/JULY 5: SOLAR FIESTA DEADLINE - CALL FOR SPEAKERS!!!/*

/*All Solar & Sustainability Enthusiasts:*
/
The New Mexico Solar Energy Association holds an annual event called the
Solar Fiesta!, featuring many options for solar and sustainable
lifestyles.

We would like to invite you to submit information to speak during this
program.  Here is a link
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHo0eUxTM1Q3NW5rckI5RllFQmlxWlE6MA>
to more information about the Solar Fiesta.  If you may be interested to
participate, please fill out a form and join us!

Thank you!
/Athena Christodoulou/
/2011 Solar Fiesta Workshop Coordinator/

*/2011 Solar Fiesta! Building a Sustainable Lifestyle, August 27, 28, @
Albuquerque Academy; Call for Speakers - Due July 5, 2010/ *

The 2011 Solar Fiesta! shines a light on the broad picture of
sustainability with a base coat of solar: passive solar heating and
cooling, photovoltaics, as well as every other detail in our lifestyles
we can change to make ourselves more sustainable. Since NMSEA's mission
is to promote clean, renewable energy and sustainability in New Mexico
through education, empowerment, collaboration and advocacy, we will need
everyone to participate and share their expertise!

In our focus, the demand for techniques related to passive solar home
and commercial building has increased recently. New Mexico boasts more
award winning solar architects than any other state in the U.S.! We are
trying to gather them to discuss methods of designing and retrofitting
homes which are self-lighting, heating AND COOLING. Not to mention
water-wise.

A special track on Sunday will highlight cutting edge research and
development being done by universities and laboratories here in NM. The
Fiesta will also include panel discussions on sustainability, women in
solar and culminate with the future of distributed generation and
renewable energy credits. As a solar professional or enthusiast, you may
have a unique perspective on renewable energy, energy efficiency and/or
sustainability. Would you consider sharing your expertise by
participating in the 2011 Solar Fiesta! Workshop Series?

If you would like to participate as a speaker during this year's Solar
Fiesta, here’s what you need to know:

1. Presentations: There are three types of presentations:
* Workshops (1-hour presentation to the general public)
* Technical Sessions (30-minute presentation to industry peers and
technically-minded on Sunday)
* Panel discussions (2-hour discussion with 4 to 8 panelists)

2. Submission deadline: Interested presenters must complete and submit
the electronic form by midnight on July 5th.

3. Selections: In mid-July, the Workshop Coordinator and Fiesta
Committee will review and select topics/presenters. Selection criteria
are based not only on the individual submissions, but also on developing
a balanced and relevant workshop series overall.

4. Notifications: Speaker notifications will be emailed immediately
after selections are made mid-July.

5. Presentations Due: To avoid audiovisual equipment issues and delays,
speakers with electronic presentations, not bringing their own
equipment, will be asked to email an electronic version of their
presentation to the Workshop Coordinator by August 10th so that we can
pre-load all presentations onto our audiovisual equipment prior to the
Fiesta.

Please reference this link
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHo0eUxTM1Q3NW5rckI5RllFQmlxWlE6MA>
or check the Solar Fiesta page
<http://www.nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/Solar_Fiesta_2011/index.php> on the
NMSEA website for other details.
_______________________________________

/*AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" SunPaper Deadline

*/*PLEASE NOTE!*  The deadline for this year's SunPaper Solar Fiesta
Guide will be Monday, August 1st.  This is a bit earlier than usual, so
please mark your calendar accordingly and send submissions by e-mail
directly to rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>, or call
505-292-4375 for more information.

_______________________________________

/*NMSEA Office - New Summer Hours*/

The NMSEA office at 1009 Bradbury Dr SE, Albuquerque 87106 will be open
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday this summer from 1pm-5pm (closed
Tuesdays & weekends).  If you are planning on visiting our office,
please call (505) 246-0400 at least a day in advance to ensure that
someone will be available to assist you.  Thanks!
_______________________________________

*/NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online
/*
A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.
_______________________________________

/**//*NMSEA on Facebook*/

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using this site to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS_**
*

*/ /**JUNE 11-12: 12th Annual Greenbuilt Tour - /NM Statewide
/*

10am - 4pm
Statewide: Albuquerque, Corrales, Placitas, Santa Fe, Cerrillos, Lamy,
Edgewood, Arroyo Seco
$1 per house per person

The GreenBuilt Tour is organized by the US Green Building Council – New
Mexico Chapter.
There are 24 homes selected for the tour, 17 in the Albuquerque metro
area (including Corrales and Placitas), five in the Santa Fe area
(including Cerrillos and Lamy), one in Edgewood, and one in Arroyo
Seco.  Green awards will be presented at the keynote kickoff event on
Friday, June 10.

According to Kent Gurley and Suzanne Blanke, GreenBuilt Tour co-chairs,
“The goal of the tour is to provide interested individuals with the
opportunity to see a variety of new homes and renovations that encourage
energy saving and sustainability. It’s one thing to read about
sustainability and energy-saving materials but it’s entirely different
to see them in person.”

The tour includes a diverse selection of homes, both renovation and new
construction projects, ranging in size from 850 sf to well over 3,000
sf. Two of the homes are off-grid. Several of the homes utilize
innovative materials and/or building methods. A number of the homes have
achieved or are pursuing ENERGY STAR ratings and BGNM or LEED-H
certifications.

More information and guidebook information are available. Click here
<http://www.usgbcnm.org/Default.aspx?pageId=452513>.*