News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Mon Jul 25 19:18:06 MDT 2011

 Hello Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/**//**/*
* AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" SunPaper Deadline
* Solar Fiesta Volunteers Needed!
* NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
* New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook**/
/*

*_EVENTS_
****//**
**/* /**JULY 26: NMSEA ABQ Chapter Meeting **/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
*/* /**AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

*AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" SunPaper Deadline */*

*/The deadline for this year's SunPaper Solar Fiesta Guide will be
Monday, August 1st.  This is a bit earlier than usual, so please mark
your calendar accordingly & send submissions by e-mail directly to
rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>, or call 505-292-4375
for more information.

**_______________________________________

*Solar Fiesta Volunteers Needed!*

Would you like to help us make a difference?  Solar Fiesta 2011 is
coming up very soon.  It will be held this year at the Albuquerque
Academy on August 27^th and 28^th .  Donating four hours of your time to
help run Solar Fiesta & receive free entrance into the fiesta and your
choice of an event t-shirt or one all day workshop pass.

Volunteers are still needed in the following critical areas:

Breakdown on Sunday evening from 4 – 8 PM
Entry and ticket gates, traffic directing, security
Classroom monitors
Cooking with the big solar oven
First aid

Together we can make Solar Fiesta a huge success.  Please call Polly
Ledman (our volunteer coordinator) at 268-2920 or email at
pledman at comcast.net <mailto:pledman at comcast.net> if you would like to help.
______________________________________

*NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online

*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.
_______________________________________

***New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_
EVENTS_****

JULY 26: NMSEA ABQ Chapter Meeting - **/- Albuquerque, NM/*
6 – 8 pm at REI, 1550 Mercantile Ave NE, Albuquerque 87107

This month's topic: “Energy Efficiency – Go Green to save $Green$.”

Sustainable Architect Sara Rain Stewart will address the importance of
energy efficiency in reducing energy usage and carbon footprint, as well
as contributing to a more sustainably built environment. We will look
at: key concepts of energy efficient buildings and their application to
both existing and new buildings, understanding your current energy
usage, and simple improvements the homeowner can do to improve the
performance of their home, save money and possibly get tax rebates. In
addition our very own Board Member, Carl Axness, will be our special
guest to demonstrate a new, yet old, more energy efficient cooking
technology. Free.

For more information on NMSEA Chapters, please visit us online
<http://nmsea.org/Chapters/index.php>.
_______________________________________

* AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM
/*10am-5pm at The Albuquerque Academy

Join us at the 12th annual Solar Fiesta, New Mexico's premier Renewable
Energy and Sustainability Educational Fair!
The theme this year is /Building a Sustainable Lifestyle.  /

A two-day renewable energy fair, the Solar Fiesta features offers
workshops and exhibits on passive solar design, wind power, solar
electric systems, solar heating and cooling, alternative fuels and
vehicles, solar cooking, rainwater catchment, and sustainable building
materials, such as strawbale, bamboo and adobe.

Solar Fiesta also invites educational institutions, efficiency engineers
and consultants, sustainable developers, financiers, project developers
and recyclers.
Exhibitors & volunteers are still needed for this year's event!

For more information on location and entry, workshops, exhibitor
registration, volunteer opportunities or sponsorship for this year's
event, please refer to the Solar Fiesta web page online
<http://nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/>