News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Jul 15 18:29:29 MDT 2011

 Hello Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/**//**/*
* AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" SunPaper Deadline
* NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
* New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook**/
/*

*_EVENTS_
****/
//* /JULY 16:** Green the Block - Que Viva El Agua! /- Albuquerque, NM/**
**/* /AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

*AUGUST 1: "Solar Fiesta Guide" SunPaper Deadline */*

*/The deadline for this year's SunPaper Solar Fiesta Guide will be
Monday, August 1st.  This is a bit earlier than usual, so please mark
your calendar accordingly & send submissions by e-mail directly to
rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>, or call 505-292-4375
for more information.

**_______________________________________

*NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online

*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.
_______________________________________

***New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_
EVENTS_**
*

*/ /**JULY 16: Green the Block - Que Viva El Agua! **- /Albuquerque, NM/*
3-8pm at The Source: 1111 Carlisle SE

A National Day of Action to support and advocate for the importance of
Water.

Water is one of the most important issues for our environment and for
our planet. El Agua es La Vida (Water is Life) and we must protect it!
This event celebrates the sacredness of Water and advocates for people
to support, preserve, and conserve out Water in NM.

Partners for this event include SWOP, Food Justice Initiative Project
Feed the Hood, the Source & 15 States around the country.  This family
friendly event will host Hip Hop musical performances, a drum circle,
dancing & local organic food, with entry by donation. Come out and learn
how you can Green the Block!!!
AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM
/*10am-5pm at The Albuquerque Academy

Join us at the 12th annual Solar Fiesta, New Mexico's premier Renewable
Energy and Sustainability Educational Fair!
The theme this year is /Building a Sustainable Lifestyle.  /

A two-day renewable energy fair, the Solar Fiesta features offers
workshops and exhibits on passive solar design, wind power, solar
electric systems, solar heating and cooling, alternative fuels and
vehicles, solar cooking, rainwater catchment, and sustainable building
materials, such as strawbale, bamboo and adobe.

Solar Fiesta also invites educational institutions, efficiency engineers
and consultants, sustainable developers, financiers, project developers
and recyclers.
Exhibitors & volunteers are still needed for this year's event!

For more information on location and entry, workshops, exhibitor
registration, volunteer opportunities or sponsorship for this year's
event, please refer to the Solar Fiesta web page online
<http://nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/>