News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Wed Feb 16 11:10:50 MST 2011

* Hello Solar Supporters!
*

*Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA*

*Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings*
*
SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  **Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!*

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/****/*/
* /**/"You Be the Judge!" Regional Challenge Science Fair Judges Needed
/*/** NMSEA Volunteers Needed*/
*/* NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online/**//**/
* NMSEA on Facebook
/*

*_EVENTS

_*** **FEBRUARY 17: NMSEA Alamogordo Chapter Meeting - /Alamogordo, NM
/*** MARCH 19-20:  International Green Ideas Show
* MARCH 19:  NMSEA Solar Social*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_

*/**/*/"You Be the Judge!" Regional Challenge Science Fair Judges Needed/*

**

*NMSEA encourages students to work on SOLAR projects for The Regional
Challenge Science Fair, held **March 17-19, 2011, and** we need NMSEA
Members to help us decide the best solar projects! *

***Special Award judging will take place Friday, March 18, 2010 in UNM's
Johnson Gym, 12pm (registration) until 3:45pm** (close of judging;
students dismissed).*

*Please consider doing this fun and worthwhile activity!  Put it on your
calendar for next month and reply to Jim Palmer (jdPalmer at frontier.net
<mailto:jdPalmer at frontier.net>) to affirm your commitment to the next
solar generation!*
_______________________________________

/*NMSEA Volunteers Needed*/

Our organization's mission to promote clean, renewable energy and
sustainability in New Mexico relies on the efforts of our volunteer
members!
If you are able to help with the following current needs, please contact
the individuals listed below:
•  NMSEA Booth set-up, staffing, and tear-down at the International
Green Ideas Show, Mar. 18-19-20.  Contact Jim Barrera
<jimb at nmsolarfiesta.org>
•  NMSEA mailing support – folding, stuffing, and sorting envelopes
during the next month.  Contact Ragan Matteson <info at nmsea.org>
Thank you for your support!
_______________________________________

*/NMSEA SunPaper Archives - Now Available Online

/*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.

_______________________________________

/*
NMSEA on Facebook*/

*New Mexico Solar Energy Association is on Facebook!
*NMSEA is now also using this site to spread the word about our
educational outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you like getting updates on Facebook, please visit the NMSEA page
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS_

FEBRUARY 17: NMSEA Alamogordo Chapter Meeting - /Alamogordo, NM/*

NM Solar Energy Association-Alamogordo will hold its next meeting the
Alamogordo Public Library, at 6pm.

Speakers will be:
Mike Espiritu, Executive Director Otero County Economic Development
Council, will discuss his efforts to bring solar industry to Otero County.
County Commissioner Susan Flores and Otero County Commission Liaison
Sharon Hill will discuss the New $300,000 Otero County recycling center.

Alamogordo Chapter meetings are open to the public! Please come and
learn more about these timely subjects.
_______________________________________

*MARCH 19-20:  International Green Ideas Show*

Come join NMSEA at the *International Green Ideas Show *at Expo New
Mexico March 19th & 20th!

This year's show will be held in conjunction with the *Ultimate Home
Showcase*, offering home builders and remodelers the latest in products
and ideas for home improvement.  The show runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
each day.  Admission is $8 Adults (18-64), $5 Jrs. (13-17), $5 Srs.
(65+), Free Kids (12 & under).
Look for a $3 discount coupon to be sent in a future NMSEA e-newsletter!
MARCH 19:  NMSEA Solar Social*

Please join us at the *International Green Ideas Show *on Saturday
afternoon March 19th, then stay for *NMSEA's Spring Equinox Solar
Social* from 4-6 pm.

The social will be held at the "Green Street Oasis" next to NMSEA Booth
#406.  Refreshments, beer and wine will be served, while you mix with
NMSEA business member exhibitors and board members.  Current NMSEA
Members should check in at our booth to receive two free drink tickets.

We look forward to seeing you there!