News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Aug 5 17:31:37 MDT 2011

 Hello Solar Supporters!
Here are the Latest News, Events & Announcements from NMSEA
Please Check Our Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php> for Additional Event
Listings

SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE at the end of this message
  Or contact us with questions & comments. We value your input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*
/**//**/*
**/-/** **Solar Fiesta Volunteers Needed!
**/-/** **NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online
**/-/** **New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook**/
/*

*_EVENTS_
****//*
*/-/ AUGUST 6: Citizen's Climate Lobby Organizational Workshop/ /&
Potluck/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
*/-/ AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

***Solar Fiesta Volunteers Needed!*

Would you like to help us make a difference?  Solar Fiesta 2011 is
coming up very soon.  It will be held this year at the Albuquerque
Academy on August 27^th and 28^th .  Donating four hours of your time to
help run Solar Fiesta & receive free entrance into the fiesta and your
choice of an event t-shirt or one all day workshop pass.  Volunteers are
still needed in the following critical areas:

- Breakdown on Sunday evening from 4 – 8 PM
- Entry and ticket gates, traffic directing, security
- Classroom monitors
- Cooking with the big solar oven
- First aid

Together we can make Solar Fiesta a huge success.  Please call Polly
Ledman (our volunteer coordinator) at 268-2920 or email at
pledman at comcast.net <mailto:pledman at comcast.net> if you would like to help.
______________________________________

*NMSEA SunPaper Archives Online

*A selection of past SunPaper editions are now also available for
reference online. For more details, please visit the NMSEA website
<http://nmsea.org/Sunpaper/index.php>.
_______________________________________

***New Mexico Solar Energy Association on Facebook

*NMSEA is also using Facebook to spread the word about our educational
outreach, upcoming events & fundraising drives.
If you would like updates about solar energy innovations, events and
sustainability related news, please visit NMSEA on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!

_______________________________________

*_
EVENTS

_**AUGUST 6: Citizen's Climate Lobby Organizational Workshop/ /&
Potluck/ - Albuquerque, NM/*
1:30‐4:30pm Workshop at UNM SUB Acoma Room, 2nd Floor
5 - 7pm Potluck Picnic at SUB East outside terrace

Free Parking, Central & Stanford Lot

Citizen's Climate Lobby: Political Will for a Livable World
Join us for NM’s CCL organizational workshop!  CCL’s Executive Director,
Mark Reynolds, will facilitate our first meeting./
Learn more at: citizensclimatelobby.org or contact: Maggie Seeley
maggiheart at aol.com OR Lisa Silva renu.nrg at gmail.com/
_______________________________________

*AUGUST 27-28: 2011 Solar Fiesta!/ - Albuquerque, NM
/*10am -5pm at The Albuquerque Academy

Join us at the 12th annual Solar Fiesta, New Mexico's premier Renewable
Energy and Sustainability Educational Fair!
The theme this year is /Building a Sustainable Lifestyle.  /

A two-day renewable energy fair, the Solar Fiesta features offers
workshops and exhibits on passive solar design, wind power, solar
electric systems, solar heating and cooling, alternative fuels and
vehicles, solar cooking, rainwater catchment, and sustainable building
materials, such as strawbale, bamboo and adobe.

Solar Fiesta also invites educational institutions, efficiency engineers
and consultants, sustainable developers, financiers, project developers
and recyclers.
Exhibitors & volunteers are still needed for this year's event!

For more information on location and entry, workshops, exhibitor
registration, volunteer opportunities or sponsorship for this year's
event, please refer to the Solar Fiesta web page online
<http://nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/>