News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Oct 7 18:33:32 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

***_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

** OCTOBER 12: NMSEA Board of Directors **Nominations
*

** **OCTOBER 15: SunPaper Deadline
*

** NMSEA - Now on Facebook!

**_EVENTS_*

    **** OCTOBER 10**:**** **10/10/10 Cut Carbon Rally - This Weekend!!!
    - ABQ, NM***

**

    ****** OCTOBER 14:** Sustainable Las Vegas **-**** Local NMSEA
    Chapter Meeting**** - Las Vegas, NM*

****** ****OCTOBER 30: Gallup Solar Family Day** & Solar Expo**- ABQ,
NM*******
______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_
*

*October 12: **NMSEA Board of Directors **Nominations *

Please submit nominations for NMSEA Board of Directors by Tuesday,
October 12!

NMSEA is seeking motivated individuals interested in leading the
organization by serving on our Board of Directors. Board Members are
elected by the membership to serve a two-year term (2011-2012). Board
Members are expected to attend Board Meetings every other month, and
actively participate in discussions and vote on motions vie email
between regularly scheduled Board Meetings. Board Members are also
expected to serve the organization by leading projects or committees
throughout the year. For more information regarding Board Member duties,
contact Jim Barrera <jimb at nmsolarfiesta.org> or any current Board Member.

Nominations must be received by Tuesday, October 12. Please submit
nominations to Jim Barrera <jimb at nmsolarfiesta.org>
______________________________________

*October 15: **SunPaper Deadline
*

The deadline for the submission of advertising, articles, and chapter
news for the Nov/Dec SunPaper is Friday, October 15. If you wish to
submit an article, you should know that preference is given to solar
energy topics (PV, passive, technology, performance histories,
incentives, cost benefits, etc.), but we will also consider other
renewable energy subjects, as space allows. Please send submissions by
e-mail directly to rhermansolar at aol.com <mailto:rhermansolar at aol.com>.
(No .docx, please.)

*Advertising Rates*

* *

All advertising is in black and white, and photos and graphics must have
a resolution of at least 250 dpi in JPEG, TIF, or PDF format. Text ads
may be provided in MS Word (.doc) format (not .docx). Circulation is
typically 800 for the SunPapers. The size requirements and prices for
individual ads are as follows:

                        _Ad Size_
_Nov/Dec_

            Full Page:        9½" H X 7" W            $122.00

            Half Page:       4¼" H X 7" W               $66.00

            Quarter Page:  4¼" H X 3½" W            $36.00

            Biz Card:         2"  H X 3½" W              $20.00

You will be billed upon publication.

Call 505-292-4375 for more information.
______________________________________

*NMSEA - Now on Facebook!*

New Mexico Solar Energy Association is now on Facebook!

If you like getting updates on Facebook, please visit the NMSEA page
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Mexico-Solar-New-Mexico-Solar-Energy-Association/142681782410865?ref=ts>
and press the "Like" button!
We will be using this site to spread the word about NMSEA's educational
outreach, upcoming events and fundraising drives.
______________________________________

***_EVENTS

_**OCTOBER 10**:**** ** **- 10/10/10 Cut Carbon Rally - **This
Weekend!!! - **ABQ*

10-10-10 Rally at Albuquerque Academy to draw people together to cut
carbon. Event details can be found at www.cutcarbonrallynm.org
<cid:part1.00090208.02060007 at nmsea.org>.

This rally is part of a much larger effort around the world, with over
2000 events planned in over 140 countries. www.350.org
<http://www.350.org/>

Cut Carbon Rally Attendees will learn the latest facts about climate
change, how to reduce our personal footprints, and ideas about
mobilizing to get a national energy policy. The time for action on
climate change is now. We appreciate the City of Albuquerque's efforts
to be a leader in cutting its carbon footprint and invite you to attend
the rally to share the City's success.We will be calling in the next few
days to follow-up with this invitation. Please consider joining on 10-10-10!

    *OCTOBER 14:** Sustainable Las Vegas **-**** NMSEA Local Chapter
    Meeting**** - Las Vegas, NM*

5:15 pm NMHU Donnelly Library, Rm. 325 - Las Vegas, NM

The next meeting of Sustainable Las Vegas (local Las Vegas Chapter of NM
Solar Energy Association) will be "Out of the Water Crisis; How Las
Vegas, NM Can Grow Greener by Harvesting Street Runoff."

Permaculturist Lee Einer will present a program for turning Las Vegas'
street runoff from a problem to a solution through simple curbside water
harvesting features.  For further information, call Emelie at 454-3920.
**______________________________________________
*
OCTOBER 30: Gallup Solar Family Day** & Solar Expo**- ABQ

*Navajo Nation Museum, Window Rock Arizona (the Navajo capitol)
http://www.navajonationmuseum.org/
12 -- 4 pm

Please join Gallup Solar during the Third Annual Family Day & Solar
Expo! The purpose of this event called "Family Day" is to work together
with our neighbors and help each other in this vital transition to clean
energy and more sustainable living.

Booths lined up so far for this event include:

    Navajo Nation - "Weatherization"
    City of Gallup - "Conservation"
    Gallup Solar - "Hydrogen Cars"
    University of New Mexico (Gallup) - "Green Building"
    Work in Beauty, Inc.- "Bee Keeping"
    Gallup High School - "Solar Hogans"
    Gallup Solar - "Carbon Reduction Contest with Prizes"
    Green Horizons - "Using a solar pathfinder"

...and many more exhibits are still in the works!

**Gallup Solar is a 501c3 organization. Booths are free. All
contributions are tax-deductible.

To get involved with this event, for more information, or to make a
contribution,
please contact Be Sargent 505-726-2497, besmurals at gmail.com.

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*