News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri May 28 17:39:20 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

***_EVENTS_*

************** JUNE 4-6: NMSEA Photovoltaic Design Workshop - ABQ
*** **JUNE 4: NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting - Silver City, NM*
**** **JUNE 10: NMSEA Sustainable Las Vegas Chapter Meeting - Las Vegas, NM*
**

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

** Volunteers Needed! - Thirsty Ear Festival****
*** **Get Involved in New Mexico Solar!*
** NO NMSEA Alamogordo Chapter Meetings Until September 3, 2010*

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS
_*
*
* JUNE 4-6: NMSEA Photovoltaic Design Workshop - ABQ** ** *

NMSEA is pleased to announce a 3-day Photovoltaic Design class for June
4-6, 2010 (Fri-Sat-Sun).

This class on solar electricity (PV) will cover components of solar
electric systems - panels, batteries, inverters, charge controllers,
disconnects and balance of system parts - as well as designs of
grid-tied and off-grid systems.

The class will have SOME hands-on components, but does not include an
installation component. This class is good for certified electricians
who are comfortable with the installation skills, homeowners who'd like
to talk knowledgeably with installers, job seekers who are interested in
the industry but won't seek installation positions, and students
considering renewable energy careers.

For additional course details, please refer to our website:
http://nmsea.org/Workshops/pv_design_workshop.php

** **JUNE 4: NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting - Silver City, NM*

The next meeting of the Silver City Chapter is June 4th at 5:30pm and
includes a tour of a recently completed solar home.
For additional information call Cissy at 575-538-1337.

** JUNE 10: NMSEA Sustainable Las Vegas Chapter Meeting - Las Vegas, NM
* **
The next meeting of Sustainable Las Vegas (the local Las Vegas chapter
of the NM Solar Energy Association) will be Thursday, June 10, at 5:15
pm, at NMHU Donnelly Library, Rm. 325.

Alex Aragon, chair of the city's recently created recycling task force,
will outline their plans for improving the city's recycling of solid
waste and describe steps already taken.   San Miguel County has also
created a solid waste transfer station planning committee, whose status
we will also discuss.   A member of that committee will also be in
attendance.  Please bring your ideas about how we can support the city
and county's recycling initiatives.

*There will be no regular monthly meetings in July and August. *However,
on Saturday, Aug. 14, the Las Vegas local chapter will participate in
the annual Peoples' Faire in Carnegie Park, from 10 to 4.
Participation with feature a Sunchaser exhibit and general information
table.  We always need extra volunteers for this delightful event, so
please let Emelie Olson know if you can help out for an hour or two.

 For further information, contact Emelie at 505 454-3920.

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

** Volunteers Needed! - June 12 & 13 - Thirsty Ear Festival - Santa Fe, NM
*

Thirsty Ear Festival takes place at an Old West movie ranch where more
than 100 westerns have been filmed---an entirely unique setting, and
will be jam-packed with musical performances, afternoon beer & wine
tastings (featuring NM craft beers and small-batch wines), plus green
and sustainable energy businesses, non-profits, and community
organizations providing educational materials and exhibits.

Festival organizers need responsible volunteers, especially someone to
take materials from Albuquerque up there for setup and to return them
after.
http://www.thirstyearfestival.com/

If you are a green organization and would like to participate, please
contact Deena Klein at 505-319-1131, or for other ways to get involved,
please email thirstyearfest at aol.com <mailto:thirstyearfest at aol.com> or
call 505-473-5723!

** **Get Involved in New Mexico Solar!***

Get involved in renewable energy and sustainability by contributing your
time, expertise and interest in any number of positions in NM Solar
Energy Association.
See http://www.nmsea.org/Volunteers/index.php for an updated list of
positions available at this time.

We look forward to hearing from you!

** NO NMSEA Alamogordo Chapter Meetings Until September 3, 2010 *
/**/

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*