News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Mar 25 13:48:08 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

*_EVENTS_*
*
***** MARCH 31: Santa Fe Green Drinks - Santa Fe
***** MARCH 31: Webinar Optimizing the Benefits of Tax and Other
Incentives in Renewable Energy Financing
*** APRIL 1: Clean Energy Jobs Albuquerque -ABQ
*** **APRIL 2: NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting -Silver City
*** **APRIL 24: Silver City Earth Day Event -Silver City*
_______________________________________

*_EVENTS_*

*MARCH 31: Santa Fe Green Drinks*
*6:30 pm at Back Road Pizza, 1807 Second Street
*

Every month people who work in the environmental field meet up at
informal sessions known as Green Drinks.

Green Drinks hosts a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia,
government and business. Come along and you'll be made welcome. Just
say, "are you green?" and we will look after you and introduce you to
whoever is there. It's a great way of catching up with people you know
and also for making new contacts. Everyone invites someone else along,
so there's always a different crowd, making Green Drinks an organic,
self-organizing network. ******

For more information please contact programs at santafealliance.com
_______________________________________

*MARCH 31: Webinar Optimizing the Benefits of Tax and Other Incentives
in Financing Renewable Energy Projects
1:00pm -- 2:30pm EDT*

The section 1603 grant program created by the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act of 2009 recently entered its second year. Section 1603
has transformed the renewable energy industry from one in the doldrums
to an industry revitalized. But what does the future hold for section
1603 and will recent legislative efforts to limit the grant program
create a new uncertainty in renewable energy financing?

Unfortunately, section 1603 is set to expire at the end of 2010, except
for projects that have commenced construction. Recently, the prospects
for extending section 1603 were dimmed when Senator Charles E. Schumer
(N.Y.), and three other Democratic senators, sponsored a bill that would
place limitations on receipt of the grant. Developers, lenders,
investors and their counsel all need to know whether and how they can
fit under section 1603 and, if they can, how to optimize their deal
structures, including the interface between the section 1603 grant and
the Department of Energy Loan Guarantee Programs and any related NEPA
compliance issues. Those who, for whatever reason, cannot qualify for
section 1603 need to understand what comes next: PTCs, ITCs, or maybe
some variation on 1603, and how those transactions should be designed.

Please join Infocast and Stoel Rives for a 90-minute webinar and panel
discussion on project financing of renewable energy projects to maximize
the benefit of tax and other incentives that may be available. Stoel
Rives is a Chambers-rated leader in renewable energy law.

Register:
http://www.infocastinc.com/index.php/conference/financeweb/registration

Moderator : *Edward Einowski*, /Partner/, STOEL RIVES LLP

_______________________________________

*APRIL 1: Clean Energy Jobs Albuquerque
9am - 1:30pm at the National Hispanic Cultural Center*

**Albuquerque community leaders are inviting you to come together and
make our city a front runner in creating clean-energy jobs.  Together we
can create careers and business opportunities, save families money, and
improve our environment by making it easy to outfit our homes and
businesses with clean-energy technology.

 RSVP:  http://greenforall.org/rsvp

Contact Julie at greenforall.org <mailto:Julie at greenforall.org>

_______________________________________

*APRIL 2: NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting
5:30 - 7pm at Isaac's House: 200 N. Bullard, Silver City
*

For more information, please contact Cissy McAndrew: 575 538-1337

*APRIL 24: Silver City Earth Day Event *
*10am - 2pm Penny Park, Silver City
*

NMSEA & other sustainably-minded organizations will gather in Penny Park
to celebrate Earth Day.

For more information, please contact Carolyn Smith: 575 388-2343

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*