News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Jul 23 12:10:55 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

***_EVENTS_*

********** **JULY 23: Green Drinks - SANTA FE***
**** JULY 28: **USGBC NM Salon - Sustainable Neighborhoods -ABQ
***

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*

** NMSEA Photovoltaic Design Workshop - Registration Open (to NMSEA
Members)*
** Solar Fiesta 2010 - Call for Volunteers!!!****
****** *

_______________________________________

*_EVENTS
_*
*
****JULY 23: Green Drinks Pool Party - SANTA FE
*6:30-9 pm at Bishop's Lodge, 1297 Bishop's Lodge Road, by the pool
(tour of Bishop's Lodge at 5:30)

Green Drinks Presenter, Holly Roach, is owner of New Mexico's leading
green film company, "Green Film Productions," a business she created to
"supply knowledge, products and equipment to lessen the impact of film
and event production on the planet" and in New Mexico.

* Free entrance to this event
* Money for cash bar, select food & tips required
* Free food poolside
* 5:30 Tour of Bishop's Lodge - meet at the pool
* 6:30 Food, drink and hanging out by the pool
* Yes, you can go swimming in the pool if you want
* 7:00-7:30-ish Introductions & Guest Speaker Holly Roach
* Music by James Maldonado Trio from 6-9 pm
* No need to RSVP for the event, only the fancy dinner.
* Go to the restaurant or make reservations for the special three-course
meal at Las Fuentes by calling: 819-4031.

Get a designated driver and come by!!!
For more information, please visit Santa Fe Green Drinks
<http://santafealliance.com/news/events/?event_id=38> online, or e-mail:
programs at santafealliance.com

*JULY 28: USGBC NM Salon - Sustainable Neighborhoods -ABQ

*

**6:30pm -- 8:30pm
UNM Continuing Education, South Building, Rm 222
Free and open to the public.

July's Salon will address LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND), a
joint venture of the USGBC and the Natural Resource Defense Council
(NRDC) that integrates the principles of new urbanism, green building,
and smart growth into the first national standard for neighborhood design.

The Salon will be led by Rob Dickson, a CPA and attorney who has been a
real estate developer on such projects as The Lofts at Albuquerque High,
BelVedere/Urban Courtyard Living, and East Downtown (EDo).  He is
recently accredited by Congress for the New Urbanism (cnu.org
<http://cnu.org/>) and is a member of the City's Environmental Planning
Commission.

**Please visit the USGBC NM
<http://www.usgbcnm.org/Default.aspx?pageId=620866&eventId=126749&EventViewMode=EventDetails>
online for other information.

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_***

*NMSEA Photovoltaic Design Workshop - Registration Open **(to NMSEA
Members)**** ** *

*/PV Design (Classroom Only): Oct 15-17 /*
/*PV Design & Installation: Oct 15-17 & 23-24 (Fri-Sat-Sun-Sat-Sun)*/

NMSEA is pleased to announce our next Photovoltaic Design & Installation
class this Fall!

The PV Design class portion will be taught concurrently with the Design
& Installation class the first weekend. Installation class students will
continue the second weekend. Classes will be held in Alamogordo, NM (208
miles from Albuquerque, 68 from Las Cruces, 90 from El Paso airport).
Lodging opportunities to follow.

The Installation portion of this class is currently set for a maximum of
20 students. Since this installation will be on a Habitat for Humanity
home, which has yet to be constructed, the class date /could /change
until construction begins. */August 12th/* is the fail safe date after
which above dates will be firm.

Please register early! Course registration is limited & processed on a
first come, first served basis. NMSEA Members with payment will receive
preferred registration thru /*5pm Monday, August 16th*/. After that
date, anyone with serious interest from our waiting list will be
notified of open registration opportunities.

General registration will open 8/17. Please feel free to contact our
office to sign up for this class or join our waiting list. Visit the
NMSEA website <http://nmsea.org/Workshops/pv_design_workshop.php> for
other details:

*Solar Fiesta 2010 - Call for Volunteers!!!*

*/SOLAR FIESTA is coming!
/*
It's mid July which means that the 2010
<http://www.nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/Solar_Fiesta_2010/index.php>SOLAR
FIESTA <http://www.nmsea.org/Solar_Fiesta/Solar_Fiesta_2010/index.php>
IS ONLY TWO MONTHS AWAY! As always, we are going to need lots of
volunteers.

Please mark your calenders! This year's Fiesta is the weekend of
September 11^th and 12^th .
Set up will be on the afternoon and evening of the 10^th and breakdown
at the end of the fiesta on the 12^th .

If you are interested in helping out, or know someone else that is,
please email Dave Patterson at dnpatt at hubwest.com
<mailto:dnpatt at hubwest.com>.
We'll also be getting a volunteers form setup on the website in the next
couple of weeks, so keep an eye out for that!

Sincerely,

Dave Patterson & Wendy Schumann
Volunteer Co-Managers

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*