[NMSEA-news] SOLAR FIESTA IS COMING ...& We need YOUR help!

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Aug 13 15:52:24 MDT 2010

***
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

**

*SOLAR FIESTA IS COMING!!!
*

Hi, NMSEA Members & Solar Enthusiasts!*
*
NMSEA's annual Solar Fiesta is a month away and we need your help!  As
you know, NMSEA relies on volunteers to make the Solar Fiesta the
success it is.
This year we have changed locations.  Solar Fiesta will be held at
Menaul School, near the intersection of Menaul Blvd. and Broadway.

Like we have done in years past, we will set up for the Fiesta Friday
evening. Friday we will position tents, tables and chairs, among other
tasks.  There will also be an orientation later that night for
volunteers.  Sunday afternoon after the close of the Fiesta, volunteers
will also assist with breakdown around 5:00pm.

One of the things that will be different this year is how the front gate
will be handled.  Instead of a walk up gate, the entry fees will be
taken from folks in their vehicles at the entrance to the parking lot.
In order to handle this, we need a larger number of people at the front
gate than we have in the past.

To help make this work as smoothly as possible we are having a special
orientation for front gate volunteers, Tuesday the 7^th of September at
6:00 pm at the NMSEA office.  Please let us know if you can help out at
the front gate and if you will make this special orientation.

The other area that we need the largest number volunteers is workshops.
Each workshop has a proctor to take tickets and to keep the presenters
aware of the time left.  Beyond these tasks, there are still other needs
that are too numerous to name here.

*Benefits of volunteering:
*

*    *3 hours of your help = a FREE workshop
    5 hours of your help = Solar Fiesta t-shirt & all weekend workshops FREE

If you are able to help out, please let us know!  We'd like to know what
times you are available, what areas you might like to be involved with,
and what size t-shirt to provide you.

*Please contact Dave at dnpatt at hubwest.com <mailto:dnpatt at hubwest.com>
to get involved.*

Thank you for supporting NMSEA!

Dave Patterson & Wendy Schumann
Volunteer Co-Managers

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*