News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Apr 8 16:28:09 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

*__*** **NMSEA VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEKEND & NEXT!!! - ABQ
*** REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS!!! - **SYNERGY FEST - **LAS VEGAS, NM
*** **NO** **_SUSTAINABLE _**_LAS VEGAS_ **MONTHLY NMSEA CHAPTER MEETING
_IN APRIL_ - LAS VEGAS, NM
*** **CALL FOR VENDORS!!! 2010 TAOS EARTH DAY CELEBRATION - TAOS
*** **QUIVIRA COALITION/ EARTH WORKS INSTITUTE - 2010 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
APPLICATIONS DUE 4/15!****_
_*

*_EVENTS_*

***** *** **APRIL 10-11: SPRING FOR SOLAR! at the Int'l Green Ideas Show
& Home Builders and Remodeler's Showcase - ABQ*
** **APRIL 21: ZEP SYSTEM TRAINING - ABQ*
** **APRIL 24: SYNERGYFEST**- LAS VEGAS, NM
*** **APRIL 25: EARTH DAY CELEBRATION - TAOS***
_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

** NMSEA VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS WEEKEND & NEXT**!!!** - ABQ*

- Please call Claire Simons at 505-227-5597 (Albq) to volunteer to help
with NMSEA's booth & workshops THIS WEEKEND at the IGIS SHOW.
Free show and workshop entry for 3 hours of volunteer time, though we
appreciate more.  Free parking a couple of blocks away.

- Please call Ray Shortridge at 505-688-4057 (Albq) to volunteer for
some of these Earth Day events where we particularly need help:

    1. Tuesday, April 20, 8:30 am to 12:30 pm for the Job Corps Center, Abq
    2. Saturday, April 24, 10am - noon at the ARCA Organics Greenhouse,
Corrales (site of NMSEA PV Class System)
    3. Sunday, April 25, 10 am - 6pm at La Montanita Co-op, Abq
_______________________________________

** REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS!!! - **SYNERGY FEST - **LAS VEGAS, NM*

Sustainable Las Vegas is again helping to organize SynergyFest,
scheduled Saturday, April 24th.

New Mexico Highlands University's leafy Melody Park is the site for this
year's event. Featured as in previous years will be music, sharing ideas
on local and global sustainability, education about resource
conservation, local commerce and food production.

We need volunteers the day of the event to help man the
NMSEA/SynergyFest Tent.  I'd like to schedule 2 people at a time for 2-3
hour shifts from 10am-4pm.  Please contact Cheryl Zebrowski
(czebrowski at desertgate.com) if you'd like to help!  It's always a fun
time talking to people!!!
_______________________________________

** **NO _SUSTAINABLE _**_LAS VEGAS_ **MONTHLY NMSEA CHAPTER MEETING _IN
APRIL_**
*
PLEASE NOTE!!! Synergyfest will take the place of Sustainable Las Vegas'
April monthly NMSEA Chapter meeting, Saturday, April 24
_______________________________________

** **CALL FOR VENDORS!!! 2010 TAOS EARTH DAY CELEBRATION
*

NMSEA & Rocky Mountain Youth Corps invite individuals, groups,
businesses, nonprofits and educators involved in sustainability and
environmental education to participate as vendors in the "2010 Taos
Earth Day Festival,"Sunday, April 25, 2010 at Kit Carson Park from 10am-4pm.

Approximately 1500-2000 people will attend this community-wide event.
Exhibits will include eco-businesses and organizations, science
displays, projects, great food, live music and community service
opportunities! Everyone is invited!

Deadline for vendor applications is April 13th, 2010.
For more information, contact Jamie Radenbaugh at (575) 751-1420 x 29 or
Scott Evans at (575) 758-5338.  _______________________________________
** **QUIVIRA COALITION/ EARTH WORKS INSTITUTE - 2010 SUMMER INTERNSHIP
APPLICATIONS DUE 4/15!*

The purpose of this Internship is to advance the career of a promising
young adult, and develop the next generation of conservation and
agrarian leaders.

We are looking for a person between the ages of 17 and 30, preferably
from a rural, minority, or economically-disadvantaged background, who is
passionate about environmental stewardship (i.e. facing climate change,
educating youth and community members, participating in local
sustainable agriculture, ecological restoration, land health monitoring,
and sustainable living, etc...), and will be living/staying within the
greater Santa Fe area during summer 2010 (i.e. commuting distance).

For applications, or questions about the program, please contact Avery
Anderson at avery at quiviracoalition.org
<mailto:avery at quiviracoalition.org> or (505) 820-2544 Ext. 5#.* **_
_*_______________________________________
*_EVENTS_*

** **APRIL 10-11: Spring for Solar! at the Int'l Green Ideas Show & Home
Builders and Remodeler's Showcase
*
This weekend!  Please spread the word!
NMSEA Energy Savings & Solar Introductory Workshops

Saturday, April 10: 10am-5pm////
Sunday, April 11: 10am-4pm //
Albuquerque Convention Center (East Hall)

FULL DETAILS HERE:  http://www.nmsea.org/Events/IGIS10/index.php
or SEE BELOW for info about ticket prices, discounts, solar oven and
solar model car raffles, a kitchen makeover and volunteering at NMSEA's
booth & workshops this weekend.

We look forward to seeing you there!
_______________________________
TICKETS & DISCOUNT COUPONS

Show Entry:
    Entry to IGI Show/HBR Show:  $8
    Print $3 Discount Coupons from this link:
    http://www.nmsea.org/Events/IGIS10/Showcase_Discount_Coupons.pdf

Workshop Entry:
    "Spring for Solar" is a series of energy savings and solar
introductory workshops.
    Workshop entry is a separate ticket:  $5/weekend, $3/Sunday-only.
    The Workshop Schedule and Descriptions are on our website:
    http://www.nmsea.org/Events/IGIS10/index.php.

We thank our "Spring for Solar" Workshop Sponsors:
Bridgers and Paxton Consulting Engineers <http://www.bpce.com>
Sacred Power Corporation <http://sacredpowercorp.com/>
Sandia National Laboratories - Community Involvement
<http://www.sandia.gov/about/community/>
Unirac, Inc. <http://www.unirac.com>
______________________
SOLAR OVEN RAFFLE

NMSEA will be raffling a Global Sun Oven by Sun Oven International, $299
value.
Raffle tickets - $3 each or 4 for $10.
Drawing on 4/11, 4pm at the IGI Show.
Need not be present to win.

There will also be a raffle for a solar model car, $3 per ticket.

Come see us at the NMSEA Exhibit, Booths 301-304, 307-308, for the
workshop & raffle tickets!
______________________
WIN A $20,000 KITCHEN MAKEOVER
See:  http://www.kasa.com/dpp/participate/contests/kitchen-makeover
Ends 4/10.
_______________________________________

*APRIL 21: Zep System Training -- Limited Space*

National Zep Week 2010 will be making a stop in Albuquerque on April
21^st from 9-3pm at the Hilton Garden Inn.  Come join us for a day long
training session on the Zep System,  a revolutionary, all-in-one PV
mounting/grounding system, which is installed four to five times faster
than traditional mounting systems, cutting costs by $.50/watt.  Space is
limited and reservations are required.  For details visit:
http://www.grosolar.com/zepsolar or call Sue Barnette at 800.374.4494,
ext. 2981. Twitter #ZEPWEEK.  Breakfast and lunch included.  Sponsored
by groSolar, Zep Solar, and Canadian Solar.

_______________________________________

*APRIL 24: SynergyFest
*

The seventh annual SynergyFest Saturday, April 24^th 10am-4pm at Melody
Park on the campus of New Mexico Highlands University.

SynergyFest celebrates the potential of a sustainable future for the
community surrounding Las Vegas, NM.  Sharing ideas and goals related to
local and global sustainability is our main focus. Another goal is
educating people- particularly our youth - on such subjects as resource
conservation, renewable energy, local commerce and food production.

As always, it will be fun for the whole family, and it's FREE!  The
event features workshops, vendors, artisans, Sunshine Kids Village,
music and other entertainment.

For more information , go to the SynergyFest website at
www.synergyfest.com <http://www.synergyfest.com/>or contact Cheryl
Zebrowski at 425-6008, czebrowski at desertgate.com
<mailto:czebrowski at desertgate.com> <http://www.synergyfest.com>

***APRIL 25: EARTH DAY CELEBRATION - TAOS
*10am-4pm  Kit Carson Park, Town of Taos - just north of the Plaza

Great music and lots of exhibitors!!!

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106**
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*