News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Thu Apr 1 13:50:25 MDT 2010

*Hi Solar Enthusiasts!**
Here are the Latest News, Events, and Announcements from NMSEA! *

*For a Complete Listing of Events, Please See Our NMSEA Event Calendar
<http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php>
**Or Contact Us with Questions or Comments! We Value Your Input!

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS
_*** Vendor Opportunities Available! - 4/24 Silver City Earth Day Event
*** **Volunteers Needed! - **ASES SOLAR 2010 in Phoenix, AZ*

*_EVENTS_**
*** APRIL 2:  NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting -Silver
City***
* APRIL 7:  USGBC-NM Monthly Meeting - ABQ
*** APRIL 14: **Agriculture Collaborative Meeting - ABQ*
** APRIL 24: Las Cruces Earth Day Event -Las Cruces*

_______________________________________

*_ANNOUNCEMENTS_*

** **Vendor Opportunities Available! - 4/24 Silver City Earth Day Event
*
The annual Earth Day celebration in Penny Park will be on April 24th
from 10-2pm. This year will be the 40th anniversary of Earth Day so we
are planning several special events and encouraging participants to help
make this a fun and interactive event for everyone that attends.

Special events this year include: planting a tree to replace some of
those destroyed by last year's fire, creating a time capsule holding
memorabilia from this 40th anniversary celebration and burying it under
a rosemary bush. There will be various performers in the amphitheater
throughout the day. Also this year will be the first annual electronic
waste collection event.

If you'd like to participate, fill out the registration form and return
to the organizing committee by April 10. If you have additional
questions please contact Carolyn Smith  Tuesday- Saturday at the Silver
City Food Co-op at 388-2343.
_______________________________________

** **Volunteers Needed! - **ASES SOLAR 2010 in Phoenix, AZ

*The ASES National Solar Conference is America's leading conference on
the emerging trends, technology, and opportunities shaping the new
energy economy. NMSEA plans a large and visible presence at this year's
conference, including having an NMSEA booth on the exhibit floor.

We need your help! We are seeking volunteers to help set up and staff
our booth. Booth set-up will be on Wednesday afternoon, May 19. Trade
exhibit hours will be 10 am to 5 pm. Thursday and Friday, May 20-21.
Public Day will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 22. NMSEA will be
helping to coordinate transportation to and lodging in Phoenix for our
volunteers, who will receive exhibitor passes to the conference.

If you are interested in coming to Phoenix and helping on any or all of
the above dates, please call Ragan at the NMSEA office (505) 246-0400 or
Jim Barrera (505) 450-9663. Full conference details are available at:
http://solar2010.org
_______________________________________
****
*_EVENTS_***

*APRIL 2: NMSEA Silver City Chapter Meeting *
5:30 - 7pm at Isaac's House: 200 N. Bullard, Silver City

For more information, please contact Cissy McAndrew: 575 538-1337
_______________________________________

*APRIL 7: USGBC-NM Monthly Meeting *
11:30 am, MCM Elegante Hotel, 2020 Menaul NE, ABQ

/Green Building, the Evolution of Products & Practices/, lecture by
Steve Hale of Hale & Sun Construction and Director of Build Green NM.
Open to the public. Luncheon fees:  $20 members, $25 non-members, $15
EGB members.

Mr. Hale will speak on the topic of how builder's practices change when
they "go green".  This small custom builder has evolved his own
construction practices for residential homes.  As director of Build
Green NM he has also seen that evolution in other builders as well.
Come see how homes are changing in this growing market niche!

For meeting registration or more information, please call: 505-227-0474,
or visit the USGBC
<http://usgbcnm.wildapricot.org/Default.aspx?pageId=486091&eventId=126725&EventViewMode=2&CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=4/1/2010>
online.

_______________________________________

*APRIL 14: Agriculture Collaborative Meeting
*9-10:30am at the MRCOG offices located at 809 Copper Ave NW.

"It Takes a Village to Support Local Food & Farmers:/ Exploing a New
Concept Called Food Circles/" //
Speakers: Bruce Milne****, Director UNM Sustainability Studies Program
(SSP) & Jessica Rowland, Coordinator of Education and Support, UNM SSP

For more information, please contact Ann Simon at (505) 724-3617 or at
asimon at mrcog-nm.gov <mailto:asimon at mrcog-nm.gov>. *
*_______________________________________

*APRIL 24: Las Cruces Earth Day Event *
12pm to 9pm, Young Park - Las Cruces

Earth Day event highlights will include live music, educational
exhibits, local food & goods vendors, and children's activities. From
last year's event we expect over 50 vendors and educational tables, with
over 900 attendees.

Community engagement is a vital component of Earth Day. This event is
geared toward all ages and interests in the community- from children to
seniors, hobbyists to professionals. This celebration is intended to
generate resources and contacts for OASIS, to make future projects
possible, build community & allow environmental and
sustainability-focused networking.

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, vendor, or hosting an
educational booth please contact OASIS for further informationat
oasis at nmsu.edu;
earthdaylascruces at gmail.com; or Monica @ 915-240-3800; or Jessica @
575-590-4058.

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

*1009 Bradbury Dr. SE, # 35**, Albuquerque, NM 87106*
*505-246-0400, 888-886-6765, Fax: 505-246-2251
<http://www.nmsea.org/>*