[NMSEA-news] NMSEA: More Timely News & Announcements!

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Tue Jan 27 15:39:18 MST 2009

Hi Solar Enthusiasts!

Here are the latest events, workshops, and announcements.

See the NMSEA Event Calendar for a complete list of events:
http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us!   We value your input!

JANUARY 27: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING, REI

Randy Sadewic from Positive Energy, Inc, will give a talk and lead the
discussion titled "Getting into Green Jobs." 6:30 PM, REI Recreational
Equipment store, I-25 and Montano, 1500 Mercantile NE. Call the office
at 246-0400 for more information.

JANUARY 31: *KNME CHILDREN'S HOUR & FEBRUARY 1: ATOMIC MUSEUM*

Sunchaser Coordinator Gary Vaughn will be a guest speaker on KUNM's
Children's Hour.  Tune in to 89.9 FM between 9-10 am to hear him brag
about our awesome programs that take the sun into the schools. Then if
you'd like to meet the man himself the following Saturday, February 1,
he will be at **Zoom Into Engineering*.*  This is a program at the
Atomic Museum in Albuquerque's Old Town area, on Mountain Rd.  Bring
your kids - the NMSEA display will be outside the museum in the west
parking lot and it's a free event.  The event starts at 10 am and is
sure to be a lot of fun for everyone.

Announcement: *VOLUNTEERS NEEDED*

NMSEA: Are you thinking of getting involved to spread the word about
sustainability, solar and renewable energies?  Do you want to bake
cookies in the sun and share the magic of a solar fountain? Do you want
to lobby the NM Legislature? We could use your help!  If you would like
to volunteer with NMSEA and help spread the word about sustainability
and renewable energy we are happy to have you.  This is the time of year
when events start to line up and we are looking for folks across the
state. Earth Day is right around the corner and springtime is our
busiest season.  With chapters and events all around the state we need
you!  Technical or in depth knowledge is not necessary.  Enthusiasm and
a willingness to talk with the public is all that's needed. We are also
looking for a small group of people to be on an events committee to help
evaluate invitations, keep track of accepted offers and volunteers, and
monitor equipment and demos for different events.

Please contact Deena Klein at dleeclean at yahoo.com
<mailto:dleeclean at yahoo.com> for more information. Please type VOLUNTEER
FOR NMSEA in the subject line.  If you'll tell me in what part of the
state you live I'll get you hooked up with the right people. To support
legislative activities, call the office at 505-246-0400.

JUDGES NEEDED FOR SCIENCE FAIR! 21st Century Public Academy, with grades
5-8, is seeking judges for its Science Fair on March 3rd, 4th and 5th.
They are asking for judges to serve from 8:30-11:30. You may volunteer
for only 1 day. Please contact Victoria Candelaria at 254-0280 no later
that *January 28th*. Contact the NMSEA Office to volunteer to judge at
other locations.

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>

.