[NMSEA-news] [Fwd: ACTION ALERT - SJM 33 NEW MEXICO'S INDISPENSABLE ROLE IN NATIONAL ENERGY STRATEGY FOR NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECONSTRUCTION AND RECOVERY]

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Tue Feb 24 15:36:54 MST 2009

NMSEA ACTION ALERT!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	ACTION ALERT - SJM 33 NEW MEXICO'S INDISPENSABLE ROLE IN
NATIONAL ENERGY STRATEGY FOR NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECONSTRUCTION AND RECOVERY
Date: 	Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:47:30 -0700
From: 	Matthew Ellis <matthew at vivilux.net>
To: 	Matthew Ellis <matthew at vivilux.net>

ACTION ALERT

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

                                          February 23, 2009

Matthew Ellis

ViviLux

PO Box 32448

Santa Fe, NM 87594

505.577.3902 matthew at vivilux.net <mailto:matthew at vivilux.net>

SENATE JOINT MEMORIAL 33

Sponsored by Senator Carlos Cisneros (D) District 6

Co-sponsored by Senator Jerry Ortiz y Pino (D) District 12

RECOGNIZES NEW MEXICO'S INDISPENSABLE ROLE IN  NATIONAL ENERGY STRATEGY
FOR NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECONSTRUCTION AND RECOVERY

/Your prompt and direct action is needed! Please review the attached
copy of Senate Joint Memorial 33 and contact your  NM State Senators and
Representatives to voice your support.  /

This Memorial;

·         Identifies New Mexico's strong comparative advantages in
resources and science & technology facilities and expertise to lead a
national economic recovery effort by focusing on the primary energy
sources in the  renewable energy sector (solar-thermal  and geo-thermal).

·         Instructs the NM National Congressional delegation to ask for
$21 billion in federal economic recovery money, for additional funding
for both national  laboratories (Sandia & Los Alamos) and for the
craeation of a National Renewable Energy Administration (to be formed
with a mandate along the lines and logic of NASA) headquarters and
research facilities - to be located in Santa Fe.

·         Requests that New Mexico aggresively and competitively seek to
attract established maufacturer(s) of small, fuel-efficient, and
electric cars, which would in turn bolster and validate funding for
next-generation energy storage and distribution  research at our two
national  laboratories.

The memorial has been intoduced and is expected to move into Senate
Rules Committee this week of  February 23, 2009.

Please contact members of the Senate Rules committee and ask them to
expedite and support the hearing of this important Senate Joint
Memorial. They are as follows:

SENATE RULES COMMITTEE

Senator  Linda M. Lopez (D)            Chair
                                    986-4737

Senator Peter Wirth (D)                     Vice Chair
                            986-4276
peter.wirth at nmlegis.gov <MAILTO:peter.wirth at nmlegis.gov>

Senator Dianna Duran (R)                Member
                                986-4701
dianna.duran at nmlegis.gov <MAILTO:dianna.duran at nmlegis.gov>

Senator  Stuart Ingle (R)                    Member
                                986-4482
dede.feldman at nmlegis.gov <MAILTO:dede.feldman at nmlegis.gov>

Senator  Timothy Jennings (D)         Member
                                986-4702
stuart.ingle at nmlegis.gov <MAILTO:stuart.ingle at nmlegis.gov>

Senator  Kent L Cravens (R)             Ranking Member
986-4391              klcravens at alphagraphics.com
<MAILTO:klcravens at alphagraphics.com>

Additionally, please contact your district's State Senator and
Representaive and let him or her know that you want their support in
passing this Joint Memorial.

FIND CONTACT INFORMATION AND THE STATUS OF THE BILL AT: www.nmlegis.gov
<http://www.nmlegis.gov>

/"The children and progeny of  New Mexico, our nation, and the world
will appreciate that you foresaw the reality that energy security IS
national security. The size and breadth of the economic and energy
crisis we are experiencing requires a solution that is calibrated at a
minimally required equivalent  scale. We must not be afraid to think or
act  big, nor should we have any trepidation in asking our elected
public servants to do the same. Truly, time is of  the eseence, we
cannot vacilate or hesitate". - /Miro Kovacevich & Matthew Ellis//

Feel free to circulate this letter.

For more information please contact;

Matthew Ellis

Vivilux

505.577.3902

matthew at vivilux.net <mailto:matthew at vivilux.net>

ViviLux is a Santa Fe and Washington,  DC based public advocacy
organization specializing in energy equity, ecological economics,
policy, and research.

Matthew J. Ellis

ViviLux

PO Box 32448