[NMSEA-news] NMSEA News - Albuquerque Chapter Meeting Tonight, New Location!

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Tue Apr 28 11:06:46 MDT 2009

Hi Solar Enthusiasts!

Albuquerque Chapter Meeting at New Location!

See the NMSEA Event Calendar for a complete list of events:
http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us!   We value your input!

To SUBSCRIBE or UNSUBSCRIBE go to the end of this mail.

*TONIGHT, APRIL 28:* *ALBUQUERQUE** CHAPTER MEETING*

* *NEW LOCATION**

The next ABQ Chapter meeting will be held at 6:30 PM at the UNM
Continuing Education building, 1634 University Blvd, NE. Here is a link
to a map of that location: http://dce.unm.edu/location-maps.htm. Parking
in the front and rear is free, but, due to the fact that we now have to
pay "hourly rent," NMSEA will be asking for a $2 contribution for
attendance. April's topic will be "Renewables on the Road with Plug-in
Electric Drive." Electric drive is the connection between renewable
power and vehicle transportation, and our speaker will be Skip Dunn of
GreenWheels Sustainable Transportation of Los Alamos. Skip holds a Ph.D.
from Stanford University and recently turned his attention to the
revamping of policies, procedures, and designs of transportation systems
for a sustainable post-oil future. He will examine how grid-connected
cars will decrease the demand for energy by 80%, increase the role that
renewable energy plays, and he will explain what the utility industry
must do to prepare for and gain from a plug-in vehicle future.

*NEW MEXICO** SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION*

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>