[NMSEA-news] NMSEA Events & Announcements- THIS SATURDAY! Albuquerque Green: An Environmental Solutions Fair

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Sep 26 11:26:07 MDT 2008

    _National Day of Action _

    _to Build the New Economy!_

    September 27, 2008

    Albuquerque Green:

    An Environmental Solutions Fair

      8th & Central @ Robinson Park, Downtown Albq. 12-3pm

 *_
Event Description_**__*

This weekend, New Mexico Youth Organized and 1Sky New Mexico (with other
environmental and community groups) will host 'Albuquerque Green: An
Environmental Solutions Fair,' highlighting energy saving solutions,
environmental education, community gardening, green businesses, and the
Albuquerque Green Job initiative.  Organizations at this fair will
provide information on subjects ranging from protecting the wilderness,
to local economy, bio-diesel, to sustainable transportation,
agriculture, and everything in between!

During this event there will also be free food, live solar-powered music
(courtesy of the UNM Solar Trailer and local folk band Young Edward),
help from local bike advocates with minor bicycle repairs, and Sierra
Club giveaways of free compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.

Albuquerque Green: An Environmental Solutions Fair is a community event
designed to bring positive and determined people from across the city
together to highlight ongoing work towards cleaning up our environment,
building pathways out of poverty via green jobs, and uplifting our
environment and our people.

Come join us SATURDAY to be a part of this important community action
event!

*For more information, please visit:
_http://events.greenjobsnow.com/greenforall/events/show/5205_*