[NMSEA-news] NMSEA News, Events, and Announcements

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Nov 14 12:40:09 MST 2008

Hi Solar Enthusiasts!

Here are the latest events, workshops, and announcements.

See the NMSEA Event Calendar for a complete list of Fiesta Workshops and
other events: http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us!   We value your input!

Events Summary:

NOVEMBER 15: NMSEA BOARD MEETING, ALBUQUERQUE

NOVEMBER 15: SOLUTIONS FAIR, ALBUQUERQUE

NOVEMBER 18-23: FESTIVAL OF THE CRANES, BOSQUE DEL APACHE

NOVEMBER 19: LAYSYA SOLAR HOT WATER & AIR SEMINAR, TAOS

NOVEMBER 25: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING, REI

DECEMBER 2: ENERGY SUMMIT IN THE SANDIAS

See details below.

*ANNOUNCEMENTS*

VAN FOR SALE: 1989 Chevy Astro Cargo Van $1200, V6 4.3 liter, 147,000 Miles

NMSEA has a van that we acquired in a package deal with the Fire Fly
solar trailers. We do not have a use for it, so we are selling it.
Automatic transmission, air conditioning, power steering, AM/FM
cassette, trailer hitch. Runs great. Upholstery is in good condition
with no tears or damage. Cargo van has no rear seats, two front seats
only. Call 239-1194 (ABQ) or 983-5557 (Santa Fe). For photos see
http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/876914248.html

MISSING SANDBAGS: The sandbags used at the Solar Fiesta were not
returned to our storage facility. If you know where they are, please
call the office, 246-0400.

FOR SALE! SOLAR, SUSTAINABLE HOMES

The NMSEA Office now has a list of real estate agents who have
advertised with us who have homes or other property for sale with
special solar and/or efficiency features. We cannot provide detailed
information, since that depends on current availability, but we can
offer agent phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Call or write the office if you are looking for a solar/sustainable
property.

***********************************************************************__

*EVENT CALENDAR*

NOVEMBER 15: NMSEA BOARD MEETING, ALBUQUERQUE

Saturday from noon-4 pm, preceded by our famous potluck at 11:30
am. This will be Marlene Brown's last board meeting as
President. (Chocolate anyone?) NMSEA office at 1009 Bradbury SE, across
the street from Isotopes park and just north of the LOBO Pit in the UNM
Business Incubator; doorbell next to the door. All members are welcome.
If you have any agenda items, please send to info at nmsea.org
<mailto:info at nmsea.org>.

NOVEMBER 15: SOLUTIONS FAIR, ALBUQUERQUE
A mix of science-fair style sustainability installations and live
art/music from 4-11 PM at the Trillion Art Space in Albuquerque. 4-7pm
will be the time to talk with people about their art or science
projects. DJs and live acts will start around 7pm. There will be a $50
prize for both best artwork and best science project. Call 505.850.8648
for more information..

NOVEMBER 18-23: FESTIVAL OF THE CRANES, BOSQUE DEL APACHE

21^st Annual, National Wildlife Refuge. NMSEA will have a table at the
visitor's center. See www.friendsofthebosque.org/crane/index.html
<http://www.friendsofthebosque.org/crane/index.html>

NOVEMBER 19: LAYSYA SOLAR HOT WATER & AIR SEMINAR, TAOS

Lasya Design Group will host an evening design studio on building an
affordable solar hot water heater or an air collector for solar space
heating of your home. This is a free follow-up workshop to the "Simple
Solar" seminar that took place last month. You need not have attended
that seminar in order to participate in this event. Kit Carson Electric
Boardroom, 118 Cruz Alta St., Taos, NM. For more info call 575-737-9656.

NOVEMBER 25: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING, REI

Mary McArthur and Olga Lavrova will explain solar hot water systems --
design, installation, and operation. 6:30 PM, REI Recreational Equipment
store, I-25 and Montano, 1500 Mercantile NE. Phone: 246-0400 for more
information.

47 SE. The Summit will inform investors, entrepreneurs, technologists
and community leaders about the technical and market drivers propelling
alternative energy technologies. It also deals with the formidable
issues associated with the transmission of alternative power. TVC has
put together an impressive list of alternative energy experts who will
participate in five panel discussions on specific topics: solar, wind,
biofuels, nuclear and transmission. See Energy Summit in the Sandias
<http://www.techventures.org/energy-summit/> for more information.

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>