[NMSEA-news] NMSEA News and Events

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Mon May 19 10:34:01 MDT 2008

Hi Solar Enthusiasts! Here are the latest events, workshops, and
announcements.

Please see the NMSEA Event Calendar for a more complete list of events
at http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php. If you have questions
or comments, please contact us!   We value your input!

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION

1009 Bradbury St SE, Ste. 35, Albuquerque, NM 87106

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>

BECOME THE ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER LEADER!

NMSEA has an immediate opening for the volunteer position of Albuquerque
chapter leader. This opportunity involves setting up and running chapter
presentation meetings once a month at a set time and location (currently
6:30pm on the 4th Tuesday each month at the REI Recreational Equipment
store).  You would be responsible for contacting prospective speakers,
coordinating with our media person for advertising, and setting up the
room at REI and packing up after the event.   If you are organized and
detail-oriented, have good people skills, and are interested in solar
energy and sustainability, we are looking for you.  This position may
require 5-10 hours a month (including the night of the meeting)
depending on your connections and skills.  We will provide an organizing
template, and speakers are already scheduled for May and June.  Please
contact Deena Klein at dleeclean at yahoo.com <mailto:dleeclean at yahoo.com>
and put "Chapter Leader" in the subject heading. This is a great chance
for you to support NMSEA and to get to know the industry and community!

*EVENT CALENDAR, SUMMARY (Scroll down for details.)*

May 20: 2008 Solar Fiesta Committee meeting. Volunteer to help!

May 24, Rebuild NM, Community Partnership Meeting, Albuquerque, 7:45 AM.

May 24, Q-Jam music for sustainability, Albuquerque Civic Plaza, 2:00 PM.

May 27: Albuquerque Chapter meeting at REI, 6:30 PM. -- Albuquerque's
Solar Swimming Pools

May 28: "Gas Hole," documentary film on oil prices and the future of
energy, Guild Cinema*
*
Also, check out the Sustainable ABQ website for other events in and
around Albuquerque.  Go to http://www.sustainableabq.com/news_events.htm

*ANNOUNCMENTS SUMMARY (Scroll down for details.)*

**** EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR SOLAR AND SUSTAINABLE DIRECTORY*

The registration deadline has been extended to this *Tuesday, May 27*.
Find the info and form at our website and have your business included in
this printed and online community resource:
http://www.nmsea.org/Directory/index.php

*** Urge Congress to extend the renewable energy tax credit.

*** Solar Santa Fe -- Get on the waiting list for City loan program for
solar electric and conservation.

*** The New Mexico Clean Energy Update - News Programs on Local Public
Radio Stations.