[NMSEA-news] NM Solar Energy Association News and Events

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Wed May 7 13:53:23 MDT 2008

More news from NMSEA - here are a couple of important items we missed in
the previous e-mail:

Dear NMSEA members,

 The next not-to-be-missed NMSEA Board meeting is on Saturday May 10
from noon-4 pm. It will be preceded by our famous potluck at 11:30 am.
As usual, the meeting will be at the NMSEA office. Address is 1009
Bradbury SE, across the street from Isotopes Park and behind the
Lockheed Martin Building. It is in the UNM Business Incubator. Doorbell
next to the door. All members are welcome. If you have any agenda items,
please send to info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org>. I hope to see all
of you there.

Marlene Brown

La Presidenta

New Mexico Solar Energy Association

505-246-0400, 888-886-6765

MAY 27: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING
The Albuquerque Chapter of NMSEA will meet on Tuesday, May 27, at 6:30
PM at the REI Recreational Equipment store (northwest of the
intersection of I-25 and Montano). Thinking about doing something to
save the earth, but not sure how far to go? Find your level of "green"
comfort by learning about "green" products and building methods you may
have never seen or heard of before. Cara Leigh, designer/owner and Jody
Feyas, owner/builder of The Dream Home - Evolution in Design and
Technology- will share insights about the home and cool new technology.
Then, you decide what's right for you. There is no charge for our
meetings, which are held every 4th Tuesday of the month at this time and
location. We hope you will join us there! Contact information: 246-0400
or 888-886-6765, <http://www.nmsea.org> e-mail info at nmsea.org
<mailto:info at nmsea.org>.

Give a presentation/talk: we are always looking for speakers at our
monthly meetings, so if you would like to make a presentation, please
contact us with your proposal. We are also looking for a new chapter
leader, as mentioned above.

And, again ....

BECOME THE ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER LEADER!

NMSEA has an immediate opening for the volunteer position of Albuquerque
chapter leader. This opportunity involves setting up and running chapter
presentation meetings once a month at a set time and location (currently
6:30pm on the 4th Tuesday each month at the REI Recreational Equipment
store).  You would be responsible for contacting prospective speakers,
coordinating with our media person for advertising, and setting up the
room at REI and packing up after the event.   If you are organized and
detail-oriented, have good people skills, and are interested in solar
energy and sustainability, we are looking for you.  This position may
require 5-10 hours a month (including the night of the meeting)
depending on your connections and skills.  We will provide an organizing
template, and speakers are already scheduled for May and June.  Please
contact Deena Klein at dleeclean at yahoo.com <mailto:dleeclean at yahoo.com>
and put "Chapter Leader" in the subject heading. This is a great chance
for you to support NMSEA and to get to know the industry and community!

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION

1009 Bradbury St SE, Ste. 35, Albuquerque, NM 87106

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>

****

visit: http://nmsea.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nmsea-news.