[NMSEA-news] NMSEA: News, Events, and Announcements

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Tue Dec 23 14:28:01 MST 2008

Hi Solar Enthusiasts!

Here are the latest events, workshops, and announcements.

See the NMSEA Event Calendar for a complete list of events:
http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php.
If you have questions or comments, please contact us!   We value your input!

EVENT SUMMARY (see details below):

JANUARY 8: SUSTAINABLE LAS VEGAS

JANUARY 17: NMSEA BOARD MEETING, ALBUQUERQUE

JANUARY 26: MIXED PUBLIC-PRIVATE FINANCE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY, CALIFORNIA

JANUARY 27: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING, REI

*Announcements:*

OFFICE CLOSED FOR HOLIDAYS: The NMSEA office will be closed from
December 24 to January 4. We are happy to report that the sun at noon is
already a little higher toward the north, indicating that we will once
again have Spring in a few months! We wish you all the very best for the
holidays and a happy and prosperous New Year! Note: There is no
Albuquerque Chapter meeting in December.

JOB OPENING -- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: NMSEA has an immediate opening for a
full-time Executive Director, reporting to the NMSEA Board of Directors
and responsible for organizing and directing solar events, activities,
fundraising, preparing budgets and plans, and working with the board to
set priorities and goals to promote renewable energy. Required skills
are fundraising, office management, PC and database experience, and
proven ability to develop and implement plans and goals with a
volunteer-based organization. Direct experience with NMSEA or another
closely related organization is desired. Salary commensurate with
experience. Send resume directly to hr at nmsea.org <mailto:hr at nmsea.org>.

***********************************************************************__

*EVENT CALENDAR*

JANUARY 8: SUSTAINABLE LAS VEGAS

The NMSEA Las Vegas Chapter will not meet in December.  The next meeting
will be Thursday, January 8 at 5:15 pm, when Hilario Rubio will discuss
local water issues.  On Feb. 7, three Las Vegas residences will be
featured as Solar Open Houses.  On February 12, Joe Whiteman will talk
about an Outdoor Lighting Initiative.  As usual, we will meet at Digital
Arts Photography Studio at 428-A Grand Avenue, (second floor).  For
further information, call Emelie at 454-3920.

JANUARY 17: NMSEA BOARD MEETING

This will be a short meeting open to the membership and will be followed
by time for the Board to interview prospective candidates for our
position of Executive Director. (See above.) NMSEA office at 1009
Bradbury SE; time to be announced. If you have an agenda item, please
send it to info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org>.

JANUARY 26: MIXED PUBLIC-PRIVATE FINANCE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY, CALIFORNIA

Hilton Del Mar, San Diego, CA. Meet renewable energy fund
representatives, lenders, public finance advisors, institutional
implementers, and developers and

·         Explore the opportunities in developing renewable energy
projects for universities, hospitals and other institutions

·         Learn how to access public investment funds for renewable energy

·         Assess the options for using public finance instruments in
renewable energy project finance

·         Take advantage of state, county and city incentives for
developing renewable energy

For more information, go to
/www.infocastinc.com/index.php/conference/renewables.

JANUARY 27: ALBUQUERQUE CHAPTER MEETING, REI

Randy Sadewic from Positive Energy, Inc, will give a talk and lead the
discussion titled "Getting into Green Jobs." 6:30 PM, REI Recreational
Equipment store, I-25 and Montano, 1500 Mercantile NE. Call the office
at 246-0400 for more information.

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org/>

.