[NMSEA-news] Straw bale workshop, Santa Fe Design Week

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Fri Oct 5 17:45:08 MDT 2007

Greetings, Solar enthusiasts!

Below is information on a couple of events coming up soon - a strawbale
workshop/wall-raising party in the Albuquerque area this weekend and
next, and Santa Fe Design Week Thursday, 10/11 through Wednesday, 10/17.

Elya Arrasmith
Office Assistant
New Mexico Solar Energy Association
1009 Bradbury St SE, Ste. 35
Albuquerque, NM  87106
505-246-0400, 888-886-6765
Fax:  505-246-2251
www.nmsea.org
info at nmsea.org

----------

Hey Folks,
I am having straw bale wall raising parties October 6th and 13th from
8am to sundown. There will be no schedule so come by anytime for any
length of time. I will have snacks and drinks (including beer) and I
will grill something simple in the evening. The work will consist of
stacking bale walls, mixing mud plaster and applying it to the new
walls. All the work is done by hand with non-toxic materials and no
tools are needed and kids are welcome. The structure will be a shop so
the methods used will be slightly less advanced than a home but it will
be a good intro to bale building---or a good chance to drink beer and
help little old me. If you know anyone interested in alternative
building invite them. We do have a mostly completed straw bale, passive
solar, active solar, owner build home to tour. Call if you have
questions or if you want to be taken off the please come help me list.
363-0074

Chris

*Place: 525 Shirk Ln SW. Take 2^nd Street South from Rio Bravo to Shirk
Ln, which is just South of the diversion channel. If you cross the
railroad tracks you’ve gone too far. Take Shirk to the West about 1
mile. 525 is on your right after the road turns to gravel. Turn right
and follow the gravel drive to the farm house. *

----------

Santa Fe Design Week '07
"Design Matters"
October 11-17th
Santa Fe Indian School, Old Campus
1501 Cerrillos Road

"B(u)y Design Expo"
a Select Show Featuring
Superbly Designed New Mexico Products and Services:
Sat. & Sun. October 13 - 14

Over 6,000 visitors are expected at this year's Santa Fe Design Week.
Put your business in front of interior designers, home builders and home
owners who need your products.

Space still space available
Expo Booths cost $500
Expo Tables cost $300

Please contact Sarah Ellis at 505-955-7003 or visit:
www.designweeksantafe.com