[NMSEA-news] Workshops, Solar Tour, Classes, Events!

News from New Mexico Solar Energy Association nmsea-news at nmsea.org
Wed Oct 3 13:08:31 MDT 2007

Hi Solar Enthusiasts!

Here's the current list of events in our area and beyond. First is the
calendar summary, then further below are more details for each event:

To subscribe or unsubscribe to this NMSEA-news e-mail list, please
visit: http://nmsea.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nmsea-news.

10/5 USGBC NM LEED workshop, Understanding LEED Project Costs & Returns

10/6 ASES National Solar Tour in Taos and Farmington

10/11 LASE (Los Alamos Sustainable Energy) Network monthly meeting

10/12-14, 20-21 - Hands-on PV Design and Installation Class

10/? Mid-month – The Green Earth COB Workshop on N14

10/19-21 - Bioneers Conference

10/21 Erda Gardens Harvest Festival! – Albuquerque Community Gardens
       Community Supported Agriculture

10/19-28 - The Natural Building Colloquium, Quiet Valley Ranch,
Kerrville, TX

11/7-9 Behavior, Energy, and Climate Change Conference! Sacramento, CA

11/13-18 Festival of Cranes at Bosque del Apache

11/10-18 Ecovillage Design Education Course – Social Dimension

5/3-8, 2008 American Solar Energy Association Annual Conference

GENERAL INTEREST ITEMS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST:

-	YOUNG SCIENTISTS AGE 13 TO 26

-	NEW CONSUMER GUIDE TO HOME ENERGY SAVINGS

-	2007 GREEN POWER INDUSTRY DIRECTORY ON CD-ROM, PDF, AND HARD COPY TODAY!

Please see the NMSEA Event Calendar for the complete list of events:

http://www.nmsea.org/Events/Event_Calendar.php. We usually only list the

most recent notices here.

Any questions? Please contact us!

NEW MEXICO SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION
1009 Bradbury St SE, Ste. 35
Albuquerque, NM 87106
505-246-0400, 888-886-6765
Fax: 505-246-2251

www.nmsea.org <http://www.nmsea.org> <http://www.nmsea.org>

info at nmsea.org <mailto:info at nmsea.org> <mailto:info at nmsea.org>
DETAIL OF EVENTS:
10/5 USGBC NM LEED WORKSHOP, UNDERSTANDING LEED PROJECT COSTS & RETURNS

The NM Chapter is hosting the "Understanding LEED Project Costs &
Returns " training module to be held on October 5, 2007 from 8:30 AM
until 12:30 PM if you plan on attending this very informative training
which addresses the question we most frequently hear about LEED - "How
much does it cost?"...sign up today!

NEWS FLASH!

Due to UNM Continuing ED willing to offer meeting space at no charge ( a
first time use courtesy  - per ongoing discussion with them on future
events)....

THE OCT 5 WORKSHOP is ON! LEED Cost and Returns.

(with lowered costs we can run this great event regardless of the
numbers of attendees).

THE DEC 7 WORKSHOP (LEED for Contractors) will also be held at
Continuing Ed.

FYI: UNM Continuing Education Facility is located at the northeast
corner of Indian School and University. They have two buildings. It is
most likely that our Oct. 5 event will be held in the Pink Stucco
Building, and larger events will be held in the one story brown brick
building (old Elk's Club).

While we cannot commit to ROOM # at this time - we will update USGBC
website as soon as we know.

Kim Hooker, AIA LEED AP
Studio Southwest Architects Inc.
2101 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
khooker at studioswarch.com
www.studioswarch.com

REGISTRATION
To register for this or any USGBC workshop, visit
www.usgbc.org/workshops/register
FEES
Early members $175, non members $205
Late (begins 09/28/07) members $225, non members $275
Students NEW! $150 (limited availability)
(FULL-TIME STUDENTS ONLY)
For info on student rates and all workshop inquiries,
contact workshop at usgbc.org or call 1-800-795-1747.
Fee Includes:
-	A discounted price on the LEED-NC Reference Guide print
-	edition ($125 + S&H) when purchased at registration
-	- Educational handouts
-	- Refreshment breaks

10/6 ASES NATIONAL SOLAR TOUR IN TAOS AND FARMINGTON

12th Annual ASES National Solar Tour is this weekend, Saturday October 6th
•	Save energy in your home/building
•	Reduce cost with solar and renewable energy resources now available
for electrical power and heating
•	Find how you can reduce your carbon footprint
Join 100,000 people across 46 states to see how your neighbors are using
clean energy sources and decrease energy bills -- and how you can too.
Through open-houses and informative tours, participants learn about
renewable energy options, energy efficient design and technologies,
real-world costs, current rebates and incentives available, and other
valuable insights.
The main tour date is this weekend, October 6th with several tours
occurring on other weekends in October and into November.
Visit www.NationalSolarTour.org to find information about tours near
you. (www.ases.org/tour)

The American Solar Energy Society (ASES) is a nonprofit organization
dedicated to increasing the use of solar energy, renewable energy and
energy efficiency technologies that move America toward a sustainable
energy economy.

Brought to you by ASES Chapters and partner organizations including
community groups, utilities, city energy offices, schools, volunteers
and thousands of homeowners who are raising awareness of choices we can
make for a sustainable energy future.

ASES thanks the US Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and
Renewable Energy for their support.  ASES also thanks sponsors who
provided support for this event including gold level sponsor Conergy,
and silver level sponsors, Fronius USA and SunTechnics.  Additional
sponsors include RenewableEnergyAccess.com, FindSolar.com, SOLAR TODAY
magazine, SOLAR 2008, Mother Earth News, Solar Decathlon, Step It Up
2007, and Eco Domes .

Thank you,
American Solar Energy Society
2400 Central Ave, Ste A
Boulder, CO 80301
www.NationalSolarTour.org
www.FindSolar.com
www.ases.org, www.solar2008.org

10/11 LASE (LOS ALAMOS SUSTAINABLE ENERGY) NETWORK MONTHLY MEETING

LASE Network monthly meeting at the Pajarito Environmental Center
(PEEC), 6:30 socialize, 7 p.m. Topic: “Life Cycle Benefits of Green
Building”. Los Alamos County is committed to an extensive building
program over the next few years, and is trying to achieve LEED Silver
certification on these projects. Furthest along is the Solid Waste
Transfer Station. Other projects include the Airport Basin Site Project
and the Judicial/Police/Jail Project.

ABOUT LASE

The LASE (Los Alamos Sustainable Energy) Network is a nonpartisan,
volunteer based, open-to-all, Los Alamos community group dedicated to
promoting the development, use, and education of sustainable energy
in our community.  The LASE Network Resource Center is located in the
Pajarito Environmental Education Center (PEEC) in the L-wing of the
high school at 3540 Orange Street, one block east of Diamond Drive,
on the left at the bottom of the hill.  If you can be a docent for the
Center please get in touch with Chick Keller
atalfanso at mail.cybermesa.com.

Please send suggestions for the e-news to David Griggs at
griggs2000 at hotmail.com.  Our format is generally a short paragraph  plus
an internet link for more information.  If you don’t want to  write the
paragraph, just send the link and we’ll write it up!  Be  sure to visit
the LASE web site at http://www.lasenergy.net/.
David Griggs, Chaosopher
Phone: (505) 661-4572
PO Box 221,   Los Alamos, NM 87544

Next class: October 12-14 & 20-21, 2007
Cost: $500.00 per person; NMSEA members - $450

Are you interested in learning more about solar electricity? Would you
like to learn about siting, sizing and safely installing a PV system?

This class will be held over two weekends, October 12-14 and 20-21,
2007. Topics to be covered include photovoltaic components, designing
and sizing a system, siting, and the configuration of stand-alone
(off-grid) and grid-tie (utility-connected) systems. Safety and energy
efficiency will also be covered.

The class will start with three days in the classroom. It will include
visiting instructors, tours of local PV systems and hands-on labs. The
last two days will be spent installing a PV system. Students will have
the opportunity to hear from local PV business owners, installers and
other PV experts. Depending upon the group's interest, there may be
evening slideshows and talks from members of the

New Mexico Solar Energy Association (NMSEA).

The instructor is Marlene Brown. Marlene is President of the New Mexico
Solar Energy Association (NMSEA). She has been working with PV systems
for over 15 years and has installed hundreds of systems in the U.S. and
the developing world. Marlene has been teaching PV classes for over 10
years. There may be other co- and guest instructors throughout the course.

http://www.nmsea.org/Workshops/pv_workshop.php contains these details.

Contact the office to register (info at top).

10/? MID-MONTH – THE GREEN EARTH COB WORKSHOP ON N14

The Green Earth Workshop will be holding a one-day hands-on workshop in
cob construction, a great sculptural---and free, nothing but earth---
building technique.  Location:  a scenic canyon off the Turqoise Trail.
  Cost, $50.  Date--one weekend day around the 3rd week, in October
depending on when interested folks can come and when the wall under
construction is at the right stage for a party!  Call Laurie at 220-2726
for more info or a flyer.
____________________________________

10/19-21 – BIONEERS CONFERENCE

The Bioneers Conference <http://www.bioneers.org/conference> is a
dynamic, leading-edge forum, focused on practical and visionary
solutions for restoring the Earth’s imperiled ecosystems and healing our
human communities.

See http://www.bioneers.org/ for details.

NM Bioneers Conference -  To register online or to print a form, visit
www.nmconference.org.  Or call us at 505-428-1227.  The website also has
information on becoming a conference sponsor, exhibitor, presenter, or
volunteer.

CONFERENCE-RELATED NEWS (Visit www.nmconference.org for More Details)

The Youth Scholarship Raffle is taking shape to raise money for
conference scholarships for up to 200 youth.  The grand prize is an
electric car.  Also included are a vacation at an eco-resort in Mexico,
an electric bike, and many other prizes.  If you would like to
participate in this important project by donating a raffle item or
helping us sell tickets, please contact Richard Kujawski
(richard at living-green.org or 505-751-3424).  The tickets to win these
great give-aways are $100 each, and will go on sale shortly after Labor
Day.

___________________________________
10/21 ERDA GARDENS HARVEST FESTIVAL – ALBUQUERQUE COMMUNITY GARDENS
COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE (CSA)

Greetings~

Erda Gardens and Learning Center is a non-profit {501(c)(3) 02-946537}
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program located in the South
Valley of Albuquerque.  For years, our goal has been to build community
through shared work and education in order to be an evolving model of
sustainable agriculture.  Members and shareholders of the organization
receive fresh, local, organic and biodynamic produce each week during
the 26 weeks of our growing season.  In addition, we host workshops,
study groups, and celebrations that are open to all members of the
greater community whether those members are involved with Erda or not.

Fall marks the end of our growing season and it is time for our Annual
Harvest Festival.  This year we have decided that the festival will take
place at Sanchez Farms, one of our larger agriculture sites in the South
Valley.  The event will be an all day fundraiser extravaganza and is
scheduled to take place on Sunday, 21 October 2007 from 11am – Sunset.
We will have live music (Saltine Ramblers, Uprising Voice, and more) and
entertainment, a silent auction, activities and games for children,
workshops, and a potluck – the Harvest Festival is fun for the whole
family!  This fundraiser is also a way to honor the hard work and
support that people have dedicated to Erda and other CSA’s in the area
and is an opportunity to build community awareness and educate people on
CSA’s and sustainable agriculture.

Proceeds from the Harvest Festival will assist in the following:
o	Hosting community workshops related to biodynamic, organic, and
low-impact farming
o	Paying the modest monthly stipend to our farming interns
o	General operating equipment and needs
o	Preparation for the 2008 growing season

  Please and Thank You for taking an interest in this event and our
organization!

In Community,
Erda Gardens

Please contact: Sandra Naigle (505) 917-7982

____________________________
10/19-28 -THE NATURAL BUILDING COLLOQUIUM

October will bring an opportunity to connect with natural builders and
those committed to sustainability and community.  The Natural Building
Colloquium, Oct 19-28, 2007, will bring together many skilled,
interesting, big-hearted people.  It will be in Kerrville, a couple of
hours from Austin or San Antonio.  If the announcement below interests
you, follow the link at the bottom for more information.
Derek Roff
Director, Builders Without Borders

In the spirit of strengthening and expanding our community of those
interested in sustainable building, central Texas invites you to attend
a Natural Building Colloquium, October 19-28. Colloquia are gatherings
of people, ranging from experienced to simply curious, who come to learn
from each other, to synergize their experience and to remind themselves
of their larger vision.

Oct 19-28, 2007 ... come one weekend, two weekends or all ten days
Quiet Valley Ranch, Kerrville, TX

In our case, the vision is of a lifestyle and building culture that
could repeat itself indefinitely through successive generations. With
careful searching many of us have concluded that the use of locally
abundant, unprocessed materials such as earth, stone, straw and native
timber provide the structure with which to achieve this vision. Cob,
strawbale, adobe, earthbag, leichtlehm (straw-clay), and timber frame
are a few of the types of systems that exemplify this philosophy.
Natural buildings become pieces of art created with soul and purpose.

Permaculture , or "permanent agriculture," helps us integrate human
patterns into the landscape surrounding our homes.   As originated by Bill
Mollison, permaculture is the practice of designing sustainable human
habitats by
following nature's patterns, integrating ecology, landscape, organic
gardening, architecture and agroforestry.
There are other important aspects as well: delicious food that nourishes
the body, music, laughter, creativity, families of all sorts, eager
minds and willing hands. We seek to create homes that comfort the body
and lift the soul. If you possess or aspire to any of the above, we
invite you to join us this fall.    We have in incredible group of
presenters and hands-on projects.

Details on presenters, registration, costs, meals and accomodations at
<http://www.naturalbuildingtexas.org>

early registration ends Aug 15
We hope to see you in Texas this October!

____________________________________
11/7-9 - BEHAVIOR, ENERGY, AND CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE

Sacramento, California

The first-ever Behavior, Energy and Climate Change Conference ("BECC")
is a national conference focused on understanding the behavior and
decision-making of individuals and organizations and on using that
knowledge to help accelerate our transition to an energy-efficient and
low-carbon economy

The conference program and registration details will be announced soon
on the conference Web site: http://aceee.org/conf/07becc/07beccindex.htm.

What Topics Will Be Addressed? (partial list)

Behavior and technology-design, adoption, and use

Motivating individual and collective action

Behavior and policy design and regulation

Insights from anthropology, sociology, psychology, and public health

research and interventions

Increasing program participation and effectiveness

Incorporating behavior in energy potential studies

Lessons from 30 years of program evaluations

People are different-leveraging segmentation

Behavior in organizations

Impacts of changing lifestyles on energy use

Social norms and networks

Economic models and behavior

Social marketing and other behavior change strategies

Attitudes, opinions and "public will"

Messages, messengers, and role models

Who Should Attend?

This first-ever conference on Behavior, Energy, and Climate Change will
attract a diverse group. The meeting will be of interest to anyone
interested in behavior, energy, and climate issues, especially
researchers; policymakers and advisors (national, state and local);
program developers and implementers; marketing, advertising, and
communications professionals; corporations; consultants; evaluators;
utilities; technology manufacturers; NGO's; faculty and students.

Other Details

The Behavior, Energy and Climate Change Conference will be held November
7 - 9, 2007 in Sacramento, California. The conference will begin on

Wednesday evening, November 7 with Registration and a Networking
Reception from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Two full days of sessions will be
held on November 8 and 9.

Online registration will be available soon at

http://aceee.org/conf/07becc/07beccindex.htm.

11/13-18 FESTIVAL OF CRANES AT BOSQUE DEL APACHE

THE FESTIVAL OF THE CRANES - http://www.friendsofthebosque.org/crane/
This is the 18th year that the City of Socorro, New Mexico and the
Bosque del Apache NWR have celebrated the return of the cranes with this
festival. We invite you to share it with us.
Education is an important part of the mission of the Bosque del Apache
National Wildlife Refuge. Throughout the year the Bosque is host to
meetings, seminars, international film crews, tours, visits by groups of
school children and, in November, the Festival of the Cranes.
There are four major components to the Festival: tours, lectures,
exhibits and the Refuge.
Tours:
Tours are offered to introduce you to areas and topics not commonly
available during the year. Birders will be out from dawn to dusk on and
off of the Bosque. There is even a Birding Tour on Elephant Butte Lake.
The management of local National Wildlife Refuges will conduct groups
and explain in detail the operation of each refuge. During the Historic
Socorro Open House photo galleries and historic buildings will be open
for your inspection. New Mexico Tech and the Scientific community will
also have displays and tours.
Caution to birders. Read the descriptions carefully - not all tours are
for birding.
Lectures:
Lectures are offered for a variety of wildlife related subjects. Most
lectures are given at the Macey Center in Socorro. Some lectures are
workshops in photography, bird identification and wildlife painting.
Workshops are conducted in the field or special facilities.
Exhibits:
On Saturday and most of Sunday the main Promenade, at the Refuge, will
be filled with exhibits and demonstrations. This is where you will see
animals up close, very close. Animal rescue groups will display mammals
and birds along the perimeter of the Promenade. If you ever wanted a
full head photo of a Flammulated Owl, this may be your only opportunity.
In the Visitor Center and the art and exhibitors tents, you will find
educational activities as well as items for sale.
The Bosque del Apache NWR:
We are here to celebrate the return of the Cranes so don't miss them.
The Fly-Out in the morning and the Fly-In in the evening are memorable
events. You are free to experience this on your own or you may join one
of the tours listed in this brochure.
__________________
11/10-18 ECOVILLAGE DESIGN EDUCATION TRAINING

Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) is a four-part introductory training
course being offered over the course of the next year through the
Univ.of New Mexico Continuing Education. The program is dedicated to
creating solutions to global environmental, social, and economic issues
through local and regional community building. Course content provides
an overview of design considerations for establishing sustainable
communities ("eco-villages") in both urban and rural settings in order
to promote and prepare for a sustainable future and has already been
presented and implemented in ten other countries including Germany,
Brazil, and India. This year EDE is being offered for the first time in
the United States, right here in New Mexico! EDE is a project of Gaia
Education, a component of the Global Ecovillage Network and an official
contribution to the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable
Development.

For detailed course or registration information, visit:

www.ecovillagedesignsouthwest.org
or e-mail info at ecovillagedesignsouthwest.org

5/3-8, 2008 AMERICAN SOLAR ENERGY ASSOCIATION ANNUAL CONFERENCE

Friends and Colleagues -

The American Solar Energy Society will be hosting their next conference,
"Solar 2008: Catch the Clean Energy Wave", on May 3 - 8, 2008 in sunny
San Diego.

If you've got a groundbreaking new solar finance model, a revolutionary
community solar initiative, or are working on the next killer solar app,
please consider participating in next year's Solar 2008 conference.

How to participate:
1) Submit a technical abstract detailing your latest research, project,
policy or advocacy work.
2) Submit a forum proposal. Forums are 90 minute sessions that take an
in-depth look at one timely topic and can include a variety of
presentation formats (e.g. case studies, panel discussions, interactive
peer-to-peer or teaching sessions).
3) Submit a workshop proposal. Workshops provide a more detailed and
structured treatment of relevant topics in a much longer format than 90
minute conference sessions. Workshops are typically four or eight hours
long, and can be multiple days. Workshops are proposed by individuals as
full sessions.

Abstracts and proposals are due October 8th.

Please forward to others in the solar and sustainability fields that can
contribute their expertise and experience to the event.

For additional information on submitting abstracts and proposals, see
the attached flyer or visit:
http://ncsea.c.topica.com/maahWXkabBp06a4JSMYbaeQyif/

See you in San Diego!
Claudia Wentworth
President, NorCal Solar Energy Association

GENERAL INTEREST:
__________________________
YOUNG SCIENTISTS AGE 13 TO 26

If you know a young scientist ages 13-26, this may be of interest to you

Wanted: Citizen Scientists

Youth ages 13-26 are invited to submit original scientific research or
position papers to the Citizen Science Technical Board for the 2008
CitizenScience paper competition! Winners will, in addition to
publication, have the chance to present their work at the United
Nations Commission on Sustainable Development in NYC.

"The ability to speak before some of the most influential people in the
world was indeed an honor and something that I will remember for years
to come."
– Lee Blaney, 2005 Citizen Scientist

**Please forward widely and pardon cross-postings**

TOP FIVE reasons to submit your work:
1. Share your passion for addressing the world's toughest challenges
through sound science
2. Join the SustainUS delegation to the 16th UN Commission on
Sustainable Development in New York
3. Present your work and communicate the importance of youth
involvement to international leaders
5. Get published in Citizen Science
6. Start a relationship with the premier youth-run network for
sustainable development, SustainUS!

CitizenScience, the technical branch of SustainUS, is hosting our
annual paper competition. The winning work will be published in
Citizen Science, an online journal that honors young people in the
United States who are interested in enriching public dialogue with
innovative, scientific approaches to sustainable development. Authors
of winning papers will also present their work at the UN Commission on
Sustainable Development's 16th Session in New York City in May 2008,
where SustainUS will be joined by the US State Department in
recognizing your initiative, leadership and insight.

Please submit your work to the Citizen Science Technical Board. Papers
should be written for a non-scientific audience on natural or social
science topics related to the economic, social, technological or
environmental dimensions of sustainable development addressed by the
United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development. This year's
topics are: agriculture, rural development, land, drought,
desertification and Africa. Papers need not describe original
research, though original research is welcome and encouraged.

Papers will be accepted on a rolling basis until January 1, 2008.
Please send all paper submissions and questions about the competition
to CitizenScience at SustainUS.org. For more information, competition
entry rules, and winning papers from prior years, please visit
www.sustainus.org/citizenscience.

Good luck!

NEW CONSUMER GUIDE TO HOME ENERGY SAVINGS

News Release

Technical contact: Jennifer Thorne Amann, 202-429-8873
Media contact: Glee Murray, 202-429-0063

New Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings Can Help Consumers Save
Energy, Save Money, and Save the Earth

Washington, D.C. (September 26, 2007): Amid pervasive concerns about
high energy bills and the impacts of climate change, consumers zeroing
in on how to save energy in order to save money and the environment can
turn to the Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings, 9th edition for
practical and immediate help. The latest edition of the Consumer Guide,
just released by its co-publishers, the American Council for an
Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and New Society Publishers, is a
one-stop resource for consumers who want to improve their home’s energy
performance.

The Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings begins with an overview of the
inter-relationships between energy use, economics, and the environment.
Two new chapters are included: one provides an in-depth look at what the
energy-conscious need to know about their home’s ventilation and air
distribution system, and the other is devoted solely to home
electronics. Other chapters focus on specific areas in the home, such as
lighting, kitchen, and laundry. Tips on improving existing equipment,
and guidance for when and why consumers should purchase new,
energy-efficient equipment, as well as reminders to check local
government and utility incentives for purchase or retrofit grants are
also included.

“The Consumer Guide draws on the latest research on home performance and
energy use, translating research findings into the practical steps
consumers can take to cut their energy consumption,” notes Jennifer
Thorne Amann, ACEEE Senior Associate and lead author of the Consumer
Guide. The book has also been expanded to include more information on
technologies that are gaining popularity, such as compact fluorescent
lamps and LEDs, tankless and solar water heaters, and consumer electronics.

Other improvements to the guide include updated and expanded
illustrations, charts, tables, and information resources to help
consumers set priorities, weigh their options, and make better purchase
decisions. “We take a balanced approach in recommending the best ways to
save energy and money,” said Katie Ackerly, ACEEE Research Staff and
co-author of the new edition. “The tips you find in the book are
designed to benefit the consumer economically, improving overall
satisfaction while reducing environmental impact.”

Hard copies of the book - printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper -
can be ordered for $16.95 (plus shipping and handling) directly from
ACEEE (see www.aceee.org/consumer) and are also available from major
retail booksellers. Bulk sales discounts are available from ACEEE. All
trade book publisher requests should be directed to New Society
Publishers. For further information, contact:

ACEEE Publications
1001 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite 801
Washington, D.C. 20036-5525
Phone: 202-429-0063   Fax: 202-429-0193
aceee_publications at aceee.org
www.aceee.org

New Society Publishers
P.O. Box 189
Gabriola Island, BC V0R 1X0 Canada
Phone: 800-567-6772
www.newsociety.com

The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy is an independent,
nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency as a
means of promoting both economic prosperity and environmental
protection. For information about ACEEE and its programs, publications,
and conferences, contact ACEEE, 1001 Connecticut Avenue, N.W., Suite
801, Washington, D.C.20036-5525or visit http://aceee.org.