Presenting the 11th Annual
September 11-12, 2010, 10am - 5pm
Menaul School in Albuquerque
Welcome to the 2010 New Mexico Solar Fiesta
Solar Fiesta's 11th Anniversary!
Join us at the 11th annual Solar Fiesta, New Mexico's premier Renewable Energy and Sustainability Educational Fair!
A two-day renewable energy
fair, the Solar Fiesta features exhibits and workshops about passive solar design, wind and solar electric systems, solar
heating and cooling, alternative fuels and vehicles, solar cooking, rainwater catchment, and
sustainable building materials, such as strawbale, bamboo and adobe. NMSEA also invites educational
institutions, efficiency engineers and consultants, sustainable developers,
financers of efficiency projects and recyclers.
We thank the following sponsors for their generous support of this year's Solar Fiesta:
Lamar Outdoor Advertising,
Array Technologies, Inc.,
Sacred Power Corp.,
URS Corporation, and
Solar Fiesta Details
Check out our new Solar Flea Market and EV Workshop taking place at the Fiesta.
Our robust workshop schedule supports folk at all stages of going solar. Going solar starts
with energy conservation and efficiency - to raise the comfort level of a dwelling right away,
to lower utility bills and to reduce the renewable energy system needed. Attend workshops about
various renewable energy technologies and sustainable living.
Though full access to our workshops has always been affordable, with the depressed economy, we have
slashed prices to encourage people to take advantage of them. The $15 workshop ticket purchased on
Saturday provides access to workshops all weekend. On Sunday, purchase the workshop ticket for $10.
- New this year: Solar Flea Market
- New this year: Electric Vehicle Conversion Workshop
- Activities for Children
- Solar Scavenger Hunt with Prizes
- Kids Raffle (Free)
- SunChaser Activities
- Solar Model Car Races
- Girls Go Gaia (formerly Girls Gone Green)
- Adobe Making and Building
- Solar Oven and Bake-Off
- NMSEA Booth
- Free literature on solar technologies
- Free adult raffle
- Sales of t-shirts, Kill-a-Watt meters with lesson plan, solar fountains, more!
- A Silent Auction will be held for valuable items and services, including:
- Schott Solar Poly(tm) 217, 217 Watt Polycrystalline Solar Module. The
Schott Poly module is produced in the new Schott Solar plant in Albuquerque.
Schott Solar provides a 25-year performance guarantee on it. Specifications for the module are on page 11 in the
Donated by Schott Solar - New Mexico
- Global Sun Oven
Donated by Solar Ranch
- Kill-a-Watt Meter
Donated by Southwest Green Building Center
- Raffles (paid) for a rain barrel ($3) and a solar model car
- List of Exhibitors
- Location, Directions and Site Maps
Welcome to our new Solar Fiesta site! Our gratitude goes to Tonya Wright, Kevin Irwin, Keith Cass and David Cook of Menaul School for their support in the use of their
wonderful facility for this year's Solar Fiesta!
- Location: Menaul School, 301 Menaul Boulevard NE at Broadway. Menaul School is accessible from both I-40 and I-25. Parking
- From south of the Big I (the intersection of I-25 and I-40), take Exit 225 (UNMH, Lomas, Menaul, Candelaria).
Take a left on Menaul. Go .8 mile to the main entry gate on your right.
- From north of the Big I, take Exit 227 (Comanche, Candelaria, Menaul). Take the third right onto Menaul.
Go .5 mile to the main entry gate on your right.
- From east of the Big I, take the Exit 159D (University Boulevard). Take a right on University,
a left on Menaul and go .8 mile to the main entry gate on your right.
- From west of the Big I, take Exit 159A (4th-2nd Street). Take a left on 4th or 2nd, a right on Menaul
and after Broadway, look for the entrance on your left.
- Vicinity Map
- Full Site Layout
- Indoor Layout
- Entry and Workshop Ticket Prices
- New ticketing procedure: Entry tickets will be purchased from your vehicle before parking. Please
be ready with cash, MasterCard or Visa.
- Admission to Exhibit Grounds (paid from vehicle before parking)
- $7 Adults - Daily, Exhibits-only
- $6 Seniors
- $5 Kids over 12 and students with ID
- Free admission for:
- NMSEA members
- PNM employees with ID
- Teachers with ID
- Children under 12
- Admission to Workshops (wristband purchased at NMSEA Booth)
- $15 Saturday or Weekend Workshops (NMSEA Members $10)
- $10 Sunday Workshops (NMSEA Members $8)
- Discounts on Entry
- NMSEA members - remember to bring your NMSEA membership card for free admission
to exhibits and discounted tickets for workshops ($3 discount Sat/weekend, $2
discount Sun). Join or renew your membership before or at the Solar Fiesta to
receive the discount.
- PNM customers - check your PNM bill insert for a discount coupon. Bring it with
you for $1 off of exhibit entry (for adults and seniors) or $2 off workshop
- General Info
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Food and drink will be available from Menaul School organizations in Davidson Hall and from
Annapurna (vegetarian) on the west side of the South Outdoor Exhibit Area.
- Handicapped parking will be east of Donaldson Hall. General parking will be north and northeast
of the Solar Fiesta grounds. Follow the signs.
- Recycling barrels will be available near trash cans. Please dispose of trash and recyclables
- Note: bottled water will not be sold nor given away at the Solar Fiesta. Water fountains,
vending machines and other drinks will be available. We appreciate your bringing your own cup
for water and a bag for literature and other items.
Please Spread the Word!
Solar Fiesta is a great place to connect with people seeking sustainable products and services
with those that provide them.
At this late date, we still invite exhibitors. We have a few booths left indoors and in the south lot.
Solar heating and electricity are well represented, but we would love more passive solar design,
water conservation and efficiency, and alternatively-fueled vehicles.
Re-visit this page for more information on our sponsors, exhibits, and workshops.