What is the "Power" of Solar Electricity?
Course Outline / Table of Contents
- How did mankind discover electricity?
- Does the sun provide enough energy to sustain all our energy needs?
- What photovoltaics that we can use right now to convert solar energy to electricity?
- What is a multi meter?
- What is a solar watt meter?
- What is Voltage (Volts, or "V") ?
- What is Amperage (Amps, or "A")?
- What is Wattage (Watts, or "W") ?
- How can a toy solar electric car be used to teach the basics of solar electricity?
- What is scientific notation or "powers of ten"?
- What are diodes & light emitting diodes?
- What is Resistance (Ohms, or "R")?
- How is voltage, amperage, wattage, & resistance used to calculate electrical energy?
- How can solar energy be stored as electricity?
- How does an electric D.C. motor work?
- How do series and parallel circuits work?
- What is "horse power"?
- How does the diameter of the wheels affect the cars performance?
- What are gears, why are they needed, & how do they work?
- The next step: Solar electric transportation for the "real world".
Discussion on how solar energy can alleviate global warming, & a lot of pollution.
Return to main What is the "Power" of Solar Electricity? page.